cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors � HTC One A9 Google Chrome text auto text sizing

Sprint Product Ambassador

When Android first came out, I have always boasted about the auto text sizing feature on the Android browser.  For those who are not familiar with the auto text sizing feature, it is the feature where when you view the web page, the browser will resize the text to fit the screen depending on the font size you select.  In other iconic devices, you have to pinch and zoom but then you have to drag the screen right then left to read the texts on the web page.

Somehow since Lollipop I did not see this feature on the browser.  Recently, when started using the HTC One A9, I found that I tend to use the phone to access more web pages and less use of my tablet; I started to poke around and found the feature is still there but embedded in the browser setting (at least for the Chrome browser).  I have always loved this feature hence think it is worth writing it up here for those of you who may not know how to set it up.

So you are using Chrome and you find that the current font setting is small for you:

Screenshot_20160209-104551.png

Drag the screen down and tap on the “3 dot” on the top Right Hand Corner for Chrome Settings:

Screenshot_20160209-104601.png

Then select Accessibility:

Screenshot_20160209-104617.png

Here you will find a slider and you can adjust the text size to your liking:

Screenshot_20160209-104721.png

Press the back key until you get back to your web page.  You will see the page will be displayed in the large font that you just selected:

https://sprintspace.corp.sprint.com/servlet/JiveServlet/showImage/38-13587-88751/pastedImage_10.png

Screenshot_20160209-104740.png 

This should automatically resize most web pages for you.  In the future, in case you view some web pages and the text displayed is small, if you just double tab on the screen, the text will be auto resized to the text size you selected above.

Hope you find this useful and get to read more web pages using your HTC One A9 or any Android phones.

Bye for now.

Your Sprint Product Ambassador*

Hung Bui

* Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.