cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC One A9 Blog

0 Comments

htc-one-a9-1-300x300.pnghtc one m9 logo.png

I have enjoyed using my HTC One A9 the last couple of months and several blogs from a comparison of A9 vs M9, how to take a screenshot, using BoomSound with ear buds and more. I would like to close out my review with one more tip I have found handy to have turned on. The phone has been really solid with an almost Nexus experience with a real light HTC Sense loaded on the A9. HTC continued with with all metal body construction they started with the HTC One M7 and improved it, although I still prefer a case on a phone myself for that extra layer of protection.

Adding the battery percentage to the status bar was one of the first things I turned on when I found it. Battery bars are not always easy to read to indicate how much battery life is actually left and why I like to have a percentage option in my status bar. Here is how to add the battery percentage to your HTC One A9: Settings> Power> Find Show battery level> Check the box next to it.

Capture.PNG

1. Settings
  2. Scroll down to Power & tap it
  3. Scroll down to Show battery life
  4. Tap the box to place a check in it and the battery percentage will display

This was a very fast add to my status bar and really helps me judge how much battery life I really have left. The A9 has so many other options available through the Power settings that are useful also like Power Save, Extreme Power Saving more and Battery Usage. Battery Usage is another option I use when I notice a sudden drop in battery life.... generally caused by an app. This is where I go to see what app is draining my battery.

The HTC One A9 has many other useful features like a fingerprint scanner and microSD card for that additiona storage.... visit a Sprint store and check out the HTC One A9 to see if it is the phone for you!

Thanks,

Blue

Your Sprint Product Ambassador team

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. sprintemployee

3 Comments

After two months trying out the HTC One A9 I have the following thoughts.

I must say I am really excited about the fact that HTC is heading back in the right direction here. The A9 is not a top of the line devices in HTC’s product line but it has delivered all top features: 

1. The camera picture quality has surpassed the recent cameras and is right up there near the top the chart.
  2. Only a few top of the line phones now offer external memory card slot. Hope this will wake up the other vendors to offer external SD card slot for their coming up products.
  3. The device CPU performance is superior, all functions execute pretty fast and I rarely observe any lag issue.
  4. HTC is always quick to come out with updates.  Only a month or so after Google announce the update to the Android Marsh Mallow 6.0.1.
  5. The phone touch and feel is very nice. A solid metal case and very elegant slim design with rounded corners make it very nice to hold and use.
  6. The clarity of the display and great resolution makes me wanting to use it almost for all functions: work notes, social media and web reading.
  7. Of course, the unbelievable sound quality of the speaker phones makes it so pleasant to listen to the music while I am away from my Bluetooth speakers.

One of the big drawback of the device is battery life.  If my other phones are 3pm devices (need a recharge at about 3pm of the day) then the HTC One A9 is my 1pm device.  It does not matter to me much as at work I can just charge the phone any time, but hopefully HTC can fix this in their next device.

Bye for now.

Your Sprint Product Ambassador*

Hung Bui

* Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.

0 Comments

When Android first came out, I have always boasted about the auto text sizing feature on the Android browser.  For those who are not familiar with the auto text sizing feature, it is the feature where when you view the web page, the browser will resize the text to fit the screen depending on the font size you select.  In other iconic devices, you have to pinch and zoom but then you have to drag the screen right then left to read the texts on the web page.

Somehow since Lollipop I did not see this feature on the browser.  Recently, when started using the HTC One A9, I found that I tend to use the phone to access more web pages and less use of my tablet; I started to poke around and found the feature is still there but embedded in the browser setting (at least for the Chrome browser).  I have always loved this feature hence think it is worth writing it up here for those of you who may not know how to set it up.

So you are using Chrome and you find that the current font setting is small for you:

Screenshot_20160209-104551.png

Drag the screen down and tap on the “3 dot” on the top Right Hand Corner for Chrome Settings:

Screenshot_20160209-104601.png

Then select Accessibility:

Screenshot_20160209-104617.png

Here you will find a slider and you can adjust the text size to your liking:

Screenshot_20160209-104721.png

Press the back key until you get back to your web page.  You will see the page will be displayed in the large font that you just selected:

https://sprintspace.corp.sprint.com/servlet/JiveServlet/showImage/38-13587-88751/pastedImage_10.png

Screenshot_20160209-104740.png 

This should automatically resize most web pages for you.  In the future, in case you view some web pages and the text displayed is small, if you just double tab on the screen, the text will be auto resized to the text size you selected above.

Hope you find this useful and get to read more web pages using your HTC One A9 or any Android phones.

Bye for now.

Hung Bui

* Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.

1 Comment

As I write this entry, I know for a fact that I am digging my own grave, especially if my oldest son reads my stuff.  He went out and bought a Samsung Quick Charger 2.0 for his Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge, and some time over the last month, in the back and forth between his college apartment, his job at Best Buy, and his time at the homestead, he accidentally left his Quick Charger here.

I seem to recall, somewhere in the fog of Christmas chaos, that he mentioned to me that he left his quick charger here, but I’m not sure if he was saying it with definition, or if he was saying that he didn’t know where it was, and maybe he left it here.  Anyways… it’s here…

And I’m putting it to good use.

If you can get your hands on a Quick Charger, it’s well worth it.  The #HTCOneA9 is Quick Charge 2.0 ready, and will only need a software update to be 3.0 ready when the 3.0 standard is released.  That said, I took advantage of the 2.0 charging over the holiday break, and what I have learned is that it changes the way that I look at battery life, as well as the way I consider recharging my electronics.  On a standard wall charger, it can take 2-4 hours for my A9 to fully charge.  In contrast, a perfect example to tell you how fast the quick charger works could be framed with the Rocky movie.  From the time that Rocky takes his first morning jog and struggles up the Art Museum stairs, to the time when he reaches the top of the stairs after getting in excellent shape, my phone went from 9% to 79%. 

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.

0 Comments

One Last Look At the HTC One A9 - Sprint Product Ambassadors

So, I must say flying with the HTC One A9 has been a smooth ride, there was no turbulence and makes me eager to continue with HTC as a whole. 

Like many other HTC phones, this unit is solid.  However don't be swayed off by that word, "Solid".  Solid only means durability and surprisingly doesn't mean too much added weight.  From the first touch, the hardware feels like a quality built product and one you'll be happy using for a long while.  The fingerprint recognition is lightning fast. It gives me the security I need with the speed I require.  Speaking of speed, I found the HTC One A9 has all the muscle needed to fly through all my favorite apps and games.  It's seriously a little power plant right in the palm of my hand.

When it comes to endurance, I was also pretty impressed just how well this phone rations that very power.  For such a small phone I'm often skeptical, but my experience has proven it can easily coast through my normal daily usage and still have a little juice from my drive home.  It doesn't run too hot and is comfortable holding throughout the day.  An added perk of holding an HTC One A9 are the looks you'll get from your Apple friends who will each question you along the way. Those inquiries are further agitated by saying, "No, mine is the one with the bigger screen" or "No, Mine is the one that has a MicroSD slot". 

For people already familiar with HTC's apps, you'll see many all-time favorites returning including "Face-Fusion" and several other HTC exclusive toys.  New this round (with the HTC One) you'll also be introduced to "Hyper-Lapse" and a stable of other new perks.  HTC One A9 is loaded with the newest Android 6.0 Marshmallow laced with several efficiency improvements as well as unlocking new features including adaptable (Flex) storage, which adds possibilities beyond the normal system storage.

I honestly think the HTC One A9 is a true competitor in both style and performance.  I welcome and encourage you to check out the A9 first hand and see what you can have for yourself.  You'll be pressed to find a better built unit and sticking with HTC often becomes a pattern. See what so many have found before and many more discover later.  HTC builds them right.

HTC.jpg

-Rob Ignatowicz

Sprint Product Ambassador

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.

0 Comments

htc one m9 logo.png

htc-one-a9-1-300x300.png

I was disappointed when I heard the HTC One A9 did not have the 2 front facing speakers with BoomSound. I have always loved the sound quality HTC front facing speakers produce while watching a show or listening to music on my phone. Then I found out the HTC One A9 does still have BoomSound when wired headset is connected to the phone. Normally I use my Bluetooth headset or harmon kardon Onyx speaker to stream music.... although I had to give the wired a try to see if there is a difference since BoomSound does not work with Bluetooth devices.

One-off.PNG

Once the headset is plugged in, BoomSound is activated and by default turned on. Within the BoomSound settings there are several options including the ability to turn it off if desired. Myself I can hear a big difference in sound quality with BoomSound turned on which is really nice. I wish there was the option to turn it one when a Bluetooth device is connected for streaming music.....

Pro.PNG

One of the other options was changing from HTC earbud, HTC in-ear, HTC Pro Studio and other.... I did not notice a difference in sound when I changed to one of these options.I will need to test it again with my HTC earbuds to see if there is a difference. I did try other seeing how I was using non-HTC headset to check out BoomSound.

Screenshot_20160114-105447.png

One other thing I always adjust when I am trying out a new phone is the setting inside of my music streaming app. I am a Spotify subscriber and load it on all of my phones for streaming music. In the settings menu under Music Quality is an option to increase the quality of the music being streamed and/or downloaded. I change mine from normal to Extreme Quality on both Streaming and Download. This option will consume more data, although I enjoy the clarity of my music at the higher level. Add the Extreme Quality of streaming music with BoomSound and WoW the sound quality is really enjoyable.

Several music streaming apps have streaming options and naming convention might be different. Check out the streaming option on your music app of choice and the try the HTC One A9 with a pair of wired ear buds.

Thanks,

Blue

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. sprintemployee

1 Comment

When I got the A9, I really wanted to keep it unsullied. I wanted it clean, no covering just the phone as it was just plain pretty.

The phone's sleek and classy look makes you want to just show it off. One minute with my son confirmed to me that my desire was not going to work.

My son came over to the couch and grabbed my phone, and walked around the kitchen with it and thus I now have a hair line scratch on the phone.

Don't be a statistic like me, get a case for your phone.

IMG_20160108_102736.jpg

What to buy, do I buy a big one, what can give me protection yet keep the classy look of the phone?

81pU+zGJaFL._SX425_.jpg
Many make the sacrifice of aesthetics for protection.

I wasn't willing to make this sacrifice, but I also wanted the original benefit of the HTC Evo (kickstand).

I really loved that feature and wanted it back.

This case really gives me the protection that I want, the classy look, pockets to keep some cash, and a kickstand all at the measly price of 10 bucks on Amazon

While this case adds some much needed protection, I will not be handing the phone over to them anymore, they would be able to destroy Vibranium (Black panther reference).

The added plus is the kickstand, which is so useful when your at a restaurant and your kids start acting up.

I bring up the old YouTube and quiet the kids with their favorite cartoon, or my favorite cartoon which is Ducktales or tailspin

IMG_20160108_100413.jpg

Lets face it, most of us have butter fingers. I drop stuff all the time, having the Nagebee case gives me some piece of mind.

The Mona Lisa and other great pieces of art are protected by some security, you should not be me and let it be broken.

GET A Case!

Thanks

Stanny George

0 Comments

Zoe gives the HTC One A9 a Photo/Video Mashup - Sprint Product Ambassadors

So, if you are anything like me, when I'm given a good opportunity I can really be a true shutterbug.  I mean I love taking pictures, I love taking videos and when I'm out and about (thanks large SD Memory cards), I do not hesitate with capturing as many moments as I can.  However, when the moment dies down... well, that is another story completely. 

Queue in Zoe:

Although I do share some pictures with social media, I tend to struggle a bit.  I'm generally OK sharing a single image (or video) and generally hate creating albums upon albums of images.  Call me a little up-tight but I really hate cluttering things up with too much.  That's why I'm really happy I finally warmed up to Zoe which is featured on the HTC One A9.

Zoe is kind of like a one-stop-shop for taking your video, still shots and music and quickly marrying them into one multimedia slide show.  It's quick, easy and gives the impression that you took hours painstakingly weaving everything together. I can take my favorite images, a couple video clips and put them into a nice, clean slide show with whatever music I desire or some of the perfectly synced system music.

There are all kinds of options too.  Just click Zoe Video Editor to get started.  Pick whatever videos or images you want and click OK. Choose "Theme" for some pre-arranged transitions and music.  If the music doesn't suit you, you can alternate with some other system music or pick whatever MP3 you have on your device.  If you don't like the sequence, you can reorder the images and sync them to your perfect order.

Overall, it's quick, easy and lumps everything into on quick item to post and share with friends, family or whatever.  Once saved, you'll have one nice neat MP4 file, idea for posting on Youtube or wherever.

Check out my Zoe from the Georgia Aquarium:

-Rob Ignatowicz

0 Comments

A strong phone is a must for me. Since I will admit that I sometimes have sticky fingers and sometimes things get dropped.  However, I do try to put my phone to the test without purposely ruining it. I am not overly careful, but I also don?t drop it on purpose. I am accident prone enough without having to make up test scenarios.

Last week though I experience a rather comical test of the phone's strength. It snowed, and as we were getting out of the car in the garage my phone fell off my lap "face" first as I was thinking instead about where the shovel was. I thought I would have a cracked screen for sure, but no, thankfully - not even a scratch.

I then put my phone in my pocket (I thought safely) but as I was grabbing the shovel on the way out of the garage my coat pocket with the phone got caught in the door.  I checked, the phone was fine (expected, as the coat protected it). But next while shoveling my phone fell out of my pocket and onto the ice and snow. And again? Fine.

At that point I decided to stop and bring the phone inside before I could "test" the strength more.

Two things contributed to the success of my accidental test.  The first is what it comes with  the Corning® Gorilla® Glass.  Much has been written about how this glass works and you can read more here:  I'll just add that this accident prone gal has had this phone for 2 months and it has no scratches (knock on wood). 

And the second contribution to my successful "tests" of phone's strength was my purchase of the HTC One A9 Case, LK HTC A9 Case, Ultra [Slim Thin] TPU Gel Rubber Soft Skin Silicone Protective Case Cover for HTC One A9 (Clear).  I bought this on my own from Amazon, for $7.99  as I wanted to test a different case than the Dot View Case I had with my HTC One E8. (you can read my review on that cover here .

I loved the coolness factor of the Dot View case, wanted something that felt "cleaner". I like that this case doesn't add weight or bulkiness. And the plastic did save the phone on the driveway floor. And the plastic seems clean too when I wipe it down. And it is easy to slip on and off.

So have you dropped the phone yet? How has your screen fared?

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee 

0 Comments

App Perm.PNG

I have downloaded and reviewed the permissions in many of my apps installed on my phones over the last couple of years. There have been many times where I wished I had the ability to limit the permissions of the app on my phone after reading some of them. At first glance, some app permissions may look scary to some and several have asked how can they turn them off in other forms. Along comes the HTC One A9 with Marshmallow granting the ability to control the permissions on your phone.

permissions.PNGHere is a quick SnipIt of just some of the permissions this app requires. This is a security app pre-installed on another phone that gives that app the ability view all network connections, delete apps and make calls out on behalf of the owner. Not everyone reviews permissions, although I like to look at them from time to time and wonder what would happen if I had the ability to limit some of these permissions.

There are several permissions that makes since and others have did not understand at first.....

I learned very quickly how important it is to allow many or all permissions on certain apps after I activated my HTC One A9. After the phone is activated and start accessing the apps on the phone, I was prompted to grant permission to the app before it would launch......

Now I know why some say be careful on what you wish for.... I denied one of the permissions on my HTC One A9 thinking that there was no reason that app needed access to that part of my phone. Once the app launched, I was not able to use basic functionality as visual voicemail. I thought why is my beautiful new phone voicemail not working like it should the phone is brand new. I performed some basic troubleshooting and still not able to see the problem because there was not a problem with my A9. The problem was user error in denying permissions during the setup of my voicemail because I did not know the impact of denying one option.I fixed it by clearing the defaults and went through permission setup again...

Settings.PNG

The HTC One A9 has App Permissions are also available through Settings > Apps > select an app > Permissions. If an app or basic feature of the phone is not working at it should, check the app permissions. Toggle the permission back on to see if that resolves the problem with the app. Some permissions may seem not needed, although turning off that permission might keep an app from working correctly or at all. Turning the permissions on through settings is easier than have to set everything back up on an app when app cache is cleared....

Check out the HTC One A9 with Marshmallow and how you can customize it to make it your own. The HTC One A9 comes with a AMOLED display and very fast fingerprint scanner....

Thanks,

Blue

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. sprintemployee.

0 Comments

So another cool feature beyond the HyperLapse mode on the HTC One A9 is pretty much an opposite speed effect.  This feature called plainly, “Slow Motion” can be used to give you a bit of added effects to certain situations.  I especially find this useful when trying to steady my hand during a far-away zoom (on a stationary image) or to give a little dramatic effect on a subject that needs a little added accent beyond what real-time permits.

To use this mode, it just needs to be chosen from the menu and shot just like any regular video. It looks to only be available using the front facing camera.  You can film either with or without the flash lighting and although zoom is available, it’s not adjustable during filming. Both portrait or landscape modes are available but the record speed appears to be a fixed 25% playback speed. 

S (2).png

Don’t worry though. Upon reviewing your clip, if you decided to speed it up slightly or fully, you can easily do so after the fact. Just choose the edit option from the selection menu where you can save under the default capture of 25%, a faster speed of 50% or normalize things to normal playback speed.

S (4).png  S (5).png

Use your creativity to branch out and see what is possible.  Just another exciting tool that the A9 gives you to branch out.  

-Rob Ignatowicz

0 Comments

With the last HTC phone I had (the E8) I didn?t set up BlinkFeed (the vertical scrolling list of updates/headlines from several different sources). It is like an online party with all of your social media sites in the same room. At the time I didn?t see the need for me to have it set up, and I also didn?t think I was too lazy busy to check my sites myself. As it is I only get certain Facebook notifications (events, messages etc) right away. Most of the ?likes? and such I only will see if I open up the application. I don?t need to be that connected, right?

I have set up BlinkFeed on the A9, and although it has taken a few tweaks to get used to ? it is now the feature I check most often on my phone. It is neat to see what the application thinks I would find interesting ? and it shows different things from the news feeds in the actual tools.

Screenshot_20151229-124218.jpg

BlinkFeed has a real variety or services and app?s that it can provide for your feed: News, Facebook, Flickr, Foursquare, Google+, Instagram, LinkedIn, Mealtime recommendations, Tumblr and Twitter.

Screenshot_20151229-124233.jpg

At first I had all of them selected (well I am not on Flickr or Tumblr) ? but even all of the rest just seemed way too chaotic for me. I have since simplified and now just have Facebook, LinkedIn and Google +.  I have the Chicago Tribune application for my news (it?s more local). And as for Instagram and FourSquare ? I didn?t see the need to have ?food envy? all day long.

Do I get all the updates that I need? No. Do I get updates that I would have missed? Yes (and maybe that is because I am checking the BlinkFeed more than I would have checked the individual applications, but who knows).  I am still playing with the different settings (The Tips and Help section in the settings is very helpful) and finding things I wouldn?t even have thought of!

Screenshot_20151229-124246.jpgScreenshot_20151229-124313.jpg

Do you use BlinkFeed? What do you think?

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee 

0 Comments

The real test of a good phone is when you the user are out of the local area of residence, when someone goes on a trip the real story of how good or bad a phone is comes out. When you are not close to a wall outlet, not in an area with good lighting all of these sub-optimal situations really bring out the true colors of your phone. The questions that are answered in these times are;

1. Battery life.

2. picture quality

3. ease of use

4. portability.

The HTC A9 recently went on a trip with me to our Nations capital. It accompanied me on a trip to watch my beloved Buffalo Bills against the Washington Redskins. I am sad to say that the Bills didn't perform well, however the A9 was exquisite. The phone was so easy to use and worked for me all day with no issues.

I really liked the slick feel of the device, and found the design to be a positive when taking the device out and putting it back in my pocket. The weather locally was in the low 50s, for a kid raised in Mumbai and then Florida that is a cold day in my life. I needed it to not be a chore taking this phone out over and over again. In a place like D.C you have to be ready at a moments notice to be able to take the phone out for a couple of quick snaps.

Ease of use, this goes for button placement, headphone jack placement and size of screen. The phone allowed me to watch a movie while on the plane, then listen to a podcast as well. All the while, the phone was easy to use, had no issues running every game, and playing any media that I requested it to. In the past, the phones that I have had tend to run hot when trying to do multiple processor intensive things. The A9 remains cool as a cucumber.

The picture quality is fantastic on this device. I was in the shadow of the stadium and yet the pictures that came out were more than satisfactory. The next day, I was able to tour D.C and take some terrific shots of the WW1 memorial, and the Washington monument though in a cloudy and very gray day.

The battery life of this device is what really sold me. I flew in to Ronald Regan at 10 am on a Sunday morning, and didnt have the ability to charge the device till 9pm that night. My day was spent taking photos and checking google maps to see where I was going. My ending battery level was 6%.

Thank you for reading my blog.

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity.sprintemployee

0 Comments

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to share my unboxing experience with you for my new HTC One A9 as well as my initial impressions.

I should say that I feel HTC does a great job of keeping the customer excited about their new purchase, from getting the actual box, to the discovery of the contents contained within.

The device comes in the standard, unique HTC square shaped box.

20151114_110443.jpg

Upon taking the device out, and holding for the first time, the first thought that came to me was how much this looks and feels like an iPhone - of course, there are many differences between the HTC One A9 and the iPhone!

The phone is light (only 5.04 oz.), and has a smooth, metal finish that makes you feel like you are holding a durable product.

20151114_110524.jpg20151114_110814.jpg

The device is Quick Charge 2.0 capable, but does not come with a QC2.0 charger.  In the box you will find the user guide, USB cable and charger, and sim card removal tool.  The device has a Micro SD card slot, but does not come with a memory card.

20151114_110618.jpg

Some things I love about the smartphone right off the bat:

The all metal back and sides make the device very attractive.  The Power button is grooved so that the user can feel which button is being pressed and know with certainty that it is the power button.  The SIM card slot and the Micro SD card slot are flush with the side of the phone with no protruding edge for opening or closing the slot.  I also like that the Charging port is at the bottom in a standard location along with the earphone port and the speaker.

20151114_110846.jpg20151114_110913.jpg20151114_111034.jpg20151114_111055.jpg

The HTC One A9 comes with a 64bit 8-core processor (1.5 GHz Quad + 1.2 GHz Quad), along with 32 GB of internal ROM and plenty of RAM - 3GB.

I did not like that the phone feels slippery when holding it - all the more reason to get a great cover to protect the phone!

I will let you know my thoughts on using the device in later blogs.

Thank you!

0 Comments

HTC One A9 comes with Google Marshmallow Android and HTC has tried to leverage as many Android features as possible.  One of the results is you will see a less number of widgets available on the HTC One A9 vs. previous HTC phones.

Like most people, the first thing after signing into Google on the phone is you would want to set up the email app.  As usual, I was looking for the email app but could not find one. The only thing I could see in the all Apps area is the Google GMAIL app.

Screenshot_20151112-143102.png

So I went ahead and tried to set up my Gmail account first.  To my surprise, when I tried to add the Gmail account, I discovered that the Gmail app now includes POP3 and Exchange Mail support as well:

Screenshot_20151218-174437.png

Now I can get one mail app that will work with all 3 of my email accounts:

1. I have my own pop3 email account on my own domain which I use for all my communicaions.
  2. I have a gmail account which I use to store all important emails that I forward to from my POP3 accounts for archiving and easy search (e.g. receipts etc.)
  3. My work Exchange account.

It is pretty cool, all gets the same familiar gmail interface.  However, the Gmail app is having, what I call, deficiencies and hope Google will address one day.

1. The Exchange Email does not search the Exchange Global Addressbook Lookup (GAL).  i.e. we cannot search the company address book on the server. I understand this issue is beoing looked at by Google and hopefully we will et a fix soon.
  2. The POP3 email does not offer a search function. First Google app that we cannot search! :-) So hopefully Google can enhance this too.

Hung Bui

0 Comments

? it needs accompaniment.  After I do some ?splainin?, I?ll show you what I mean.

Screenshot_20151211-112300.pngHyperlapse video mode allows you to speed up video that you shoot, to basically condense a long video into a shorter, condensed, fast or ?hyper? motion video clip. 

The Hyperlapse option is one of the custom camera types that is available on the A9 stock load.  The camera types are located in a tray just above the back key when you?re in the Camera app.  Selecting the Hyperlapse option will change your on-screen camera button to a symbol that represents the hyperlapse camera option.

Screenshot_20151211-112644.pngShooting hyperlapse video is the same as shooting any other video.  Point, click, and frame your subjects until you are done.  Once you press stop, that?s where the real magic begins?.

You will see a green progress bar at the bottom, which represents the full length of your video.  There are markers at the far ends of the bar which you can slide to create 3 distinct sections of the video.  Within each section you can designate a specific playback speed.  All you have to do is touch on any of the 3 sections and then select the playback speed, which ranges from 2x to 12x acceleration.

Finally, once you?ve edited the video to your delight, you touch the checkmark in the top right corner of the screen, and the device ?finishes? the video.  Check out a sample video here:

One thing that is missing, at least for me, is sound.  I know there can?t be sound from the video that I actually shot, but I can maybe have a soundtrack going in the background.  Quite frankly, I think there is really ONLY ONE SOUNDTRACK for anything that is shot in fast motion? Enjoy!

<div style='width:250px;background:#ddd;font:12px tahoma;'>yakety sax</div><embed type='application/x-shockwave-flash' src='https://mp3-juices.com/inc/jplayer/mp3player.swf' flashvars="file=http%3A%2F%2Fwoodendice.org%2Ftrisdee%2FYakety%2520Sax.mp3&volume=80" quality="high" allowscriptaccess="always" height="20" width="250"><br>Powered by <a href="https://mp3-juices.com">mp3-juices</a>

D

7 Comments

In real life, I am good about clutter in my house. In phone life, if my phone was a room it would be featured on one of those hoarder shows. I never delete voicemails, texts, photos, videos, etc. And I am not one to get the additional storage cards, or remember to use the Cloud.

So storage, and how my device functions when there is a bunch of stuff on it, is important to have. The HTC One A9 technical details of storage are: ROM : 32GB / RAM: 3GB. Now for me that is enough. I need to have a few games on my phone (for me and the kids), and some shopper applications (save money) and there are few school applications – along with the usual working and play applications.  And even just after these few weeks with the phone, I have only used ½ of the storage available. And I am not noticing any lagging in the device. And I am hoping to take it to the limit to see how much I can indeed put on the device.

Screenshot_20151218-114750.png

Knowing that the HTC One A9 gives the opportunity to have an additional storage card, I asked around why people would want it (just because I haven’t used). The storage card is good for applications (that do take lots of storage) and are good for people that need to access things when they don’t have access to WiFi to get to the Cloud. 

But for those of you (like me) who don’t have the extra card – how has the storage worked for you? I do like the HTC sites tips on getting storage cleaned up. http://www.htc.com/us/support/htc-one-a9/howto/686433.html I always forget to disable applications instead of just deleting them.

How should I test the storage – thoughts?

3 Comments

htconea9.jpg

The HTC One A9 is a beautiful phone that has its design dating back to the HTC One M7. One of the new features on the HTC One A9 is the fingerprint scanner on the front where one of the BoomSound sound speakers were located for the HTC One M series. The fingerprint scanner also doubles as a home button and I have seen a few suggest using it for taking screenshots, although I have not had any luck using that method myself. The best and fastest way to capture a screenshot on the HTC One A9 is combination of power button and volume down key.

Here are the steps to capture, locate and share/delete the screenshot:

Capture.PNG

1. First go the screen you want to capture
  2. Press and hold the power button and volume down button at the same time
  3. Then you will see your screen flash and shrink
    • If your sound is on, you will hear the camera sound like a picture is being taken
    • If your sound if off, you will not hear anything
  4. Fastest way to view your screenshot is to pull down on your notification bar and click on Screen Capture

There are so many reasons for knowing how to capture a screenshot and not every phone captures a screenshots the same. I have had to use it many times to capture screens in Game of War of other players gear and shared with others in my alliance. Below is a screenshot of one of my favorite movies.....

Screenshot_20151218-095045.png

Once the screenshot is taken it is easy to share from your Gallery by clicking on it and using the share option.

Visit a Sprint store to see if the HTC One A9 with Marshmallow is the phone for you.....

Thanks,

Blue

0 Comments

Fingerprint Perfection Defined With the HTC One A9 - Sprint Product Ambassadors

So, up until now I have had yet to experience finger print scanning on a smartphone.  I will say, that with just a little exposure thus far, I doubt I could ever go back (to other lock methods).  If you are interested in a new smartphone equipped with nice clean and responsive finger print security, the HTC One A9 might just be the one you have been looking for.  Here’s my take on it:

Biometric scanning to me is nothing new.  I started my carrier in theme parks and the modern method to ensure a ticket doesn’t migrate away from owner is binding it to a digital biometric capture (fingerprint). That isn’t to say the whole fingerprint is captured at the time when you walk through the door but enough unique indicators are mapped to make sure things match.  My experience up until now was a bit sour. Countless hours were spent troubleshooting the hardware sensors, engineering the best method for capture and even then the process was slow, tedious and not an exact science. I guess I understood why this was important but from a service provider standpoint it just wasn’t swift (granted this was about 5 years ago).

That in mind, I was scared to death at the thought of locking my phone with such a method.  I mean just what I wanted to deal with, scan… re-scan, make sure my finger is straight, and rescan. ***Blah***

Well, I’m delighted to say, times have changed, technology has gotten better and never have I been more impressed with the finger print scanner like HTC One A9 offers. Basically it doesn’t just capture one angle of your thumb (or finger) but several angles.  The redundancy makes for a swift response and it’s practically effortless each and every time. 

One important trick that I literally just learned, is that you are not just limited to one finger (like it coaches you during device setup).  To add up to 5 total finger prints, go back to your settings screen, “Fingerprint Scanner” and “Add fingerprint”.  Repeat the procedure as you did prior and you’ll be set on multiple digits.  Finally, I can unlock my phone right handed or south paw.  Now that’s much better!

Settings.jpgAdd.jpgThree.jpg

All and all I couldn’t be happier with how well finger print security works.  It gives me extra peace of mind and I need that. I can only imagine how many apps could start building on this technology.  With that in mind, HTC thankfully won’t leave me nervously scared that a paper-cut will lock me out of my device using my one assigned finger.

It should also be know that you can use an existing unlock code, password or pattern as a backup to your finger prints.  Just a bit more comforting in case an epidemic of paper cuts become an issue.  

-Rob Ignatowicz

0 Comments

I am torn between having FOMO (fear of missing out) and the desire to be “off the grid”. I am an active participant in too many social media groups and communities, but I also like the time that I can spend totally offline.

And since I use my phone as my alarm clock, I want to make sure that the device can wake me up in the morning. But I also don’t want the device to accidentally wake me before I am wanting to get up.

The HTC One A9 has this great feature called Do Not Disturb. You can get to it either by using the Notifications drop down menu and selecting Do Not Disturb or by going to Settings/Sound & Notification/Do Not Disturb.

The Notifications screen shortcut is great for those times when you need to shut the phone up right away (at the doctor’s office – or in a meeting with your kid’s teacher). The only downside is that the phone won’t tell you that you are still in Do Not Disturb mode – and then an hour or so later you’ll check and see all of the missed calls or texts (speaking from experience!)

Android-M-Do-Not-Disturb-600x340 (1).png

The Settings function of Do Not Disturb is what makes me happiest. Let’s say I want to get some notifications, or get calls in but no notifications or some other variation. I first set up a schedule for nighttime. (I do for 11 pm to 5:30 am – hoping that will help me sleep). But I have relatives who may need assistance in the night, or what if there is an emergency. So I was able to set the settings even tighter to say I could let in calls from Approved Contacts only. So I won’t worry now that when my husband is out late and there is an emergency, since I can shut off all the other distractions.

Screenshot_20151211-104640.pngScreenshot_20151211-104617.png

Have you liked this feature?

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity.sprintemployee

0 Comments

The order of importance for the uses of a phone have changed in the past 5 years for me.

I remember when I first thought about getting a smartphone, all I cared about was the ability to make calls. That has drastically changed over time as I cant stand talking on the phone anymore. My uses for the phone have also changed because of kids, capturing those life moments are very important to me. My parents are missing about 12 years of my life because of no pictures. It seems as I became 10 years old and the next thing you know I'm 22 and graduating college. So I have nothing to show my kids of how cool their dad was in high school. I cant show the Size 52 Jinco jeans or the year in high school when I decided that a part down the middle of my head was a good idea. They wont be able to see the slits that I used to put in my eyebrows.

On second thought, maybe this might be a good thing.

The camera is the most important feature of the phone for me. A phone that does everything well yet doesn't take quality pictures is pretty much dead to me. I need to be able to take pictures that I can use to blackmail my kids in their twenties. I need to be able to reflect on how bad they were when they try to show me up as an old man. The pictures just cant be good quality but the ease of use has be that good as well. I judge ease of use by being able to hand the phone to my seven year old. If she can figure out how to take a picture with no issues then its easy to use. The HTC One A9's camera is just that, the old Geico tagline would work here "So easy a caveman can do it".

Taking a quality picture with kids can be an exercise in futility, often times you just aren't quick enough. Once you get the phone out of your pocket, unlock the device, bring up the camera app, tap the screen to take the picture, and finally wait for the phone to focus and actually take the picture you may actually end up having a beard as long as Mithrandir aka Gandalf the grey or a better reference may be Professor Dumbledore (my geekiness has to shine through in everything I write). With the A9, one can take the phone out of the take a picture and return the device back into the pocket within a few seconds. The front facing camera uses the UltraPixel feature of the old M8 and M9. Its enlarged pixels make low-light photography an added asset. The A9 while not as good as the predecessor in low light quality pictures certainly handles its own.

These are pictures from a Christmas performance that my wife participated in. I was way in the back and in a dark room with only the stage light up. I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the shots that I was able to take.

IMAG0059.jpg

The front facing camera was able to allow me to capture my daughter deciding that she had enough and wanted to go to sleep. Again keep in mind that I was in a completely dark room.

IMAG0061.jpg

Here is a video of my son recently at the park, with the slow motion feature you can see all 100 of his teeth.

Thanks for reading

Stanny George

0 Comments

I haven’t really used Android Pay on my previous devices much was pretty inconvenient to start the service and had to login …. Someone mentioned with HTC A9 you just need to hold the fingerprint scanner and hold the device near register that you’re making the transaction at. I haven’t had a chance to try it out I was in a hurry Friday and had to visit a few stores well I went to Subway to get a quick bite to eat but left my wallet in my car. I didn’t notice until I had already order and was about to pay. I was in luck when I noticed the little Android pay symbol.

blog 3 1 pic.jpg

To my surprise the information was correct I just held the fingerprint scanner (so it could read my fingerprint) and held the device near the register and it instantly communicated and I was able to complete the transaction. In my opinion it seemed easier to use than cash or a credit card. I seemed way more excited than the casher though, when realized I might not need to carry a wallet any longer. I did have an older gentleman in line behind me that was pretty amazed.

I have really found that unlocking my HTC A9 is so much easier too using the fingerprint scanner making it possible for true one hand operation. On my previous device I have to wake it up and then swipe up (even without any security/ privacy features enabled) forcing me to use two hands.

S5 swipe.jpg

Which in some situations is difficult which made me stop doing what I was doing just to check a message or email. I would say for sure that the HTC A9 has increased my productivity.

“The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love phones. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and want to tell you what they think about them. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these phones. The information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint.”

0 Comments

Cannot be more excited than being selected to be a Product Ambassador for this HTC One A9.  I truly think this device will be able to save HTC, a phone maker that I became to love in the early days of smart phones.

There have posts that have talked about the specifications of the A9, hence I just want to outline the good and bad things that have struck me after the first week using it.

Here are the things that I have been impressed with the A9:  

1. Taken out of the box is a sleek thin design with a flat metal back casing.   It is beautifully built and very comfortable to hold it.  In fact, it is so nice that my wife who has been thinking about upgrading the iPhone 5 had to say “can I have it instead” when she held it the first time. Below are the photos of the HTC One A9 (on right) vs. the HTC One M9 (on left)

https://sprintspace.corp.sprint.com/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/2-693407-87306/20151206_215622...20151206_215622.jpg

https://sprintspace.corp.sprint.com/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/2-693407-87307/20151206_215644...20151206_215644.jpg

20151206_215759.jpghttps://sprintspace.corp.sprint.com/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/2-693407-87308/20151206_215759...
  2. The first thing that came to my mind is, well this thing has an external memory card. I think this feature is one of the best selling point that Android phone manufacturers should stick to in order to claim that superior advantage.  Do not know if it is Marshmellow or HTC but the phone content is automatically encrypted and you need to enter your password to decrypt at each boot up.  I may need to dwell deeper into the encryption to see what is being secured here, but obviously it can only be better compared to none.
  3. The phone screen is sharp and crisp.  I have not been able to really test out how does the screen looks like under the bright sun as claimed, but will try.
  4. Obviously, HTC carries the super sound quality of the M8, E8 and M9 over to the A9.  The sound came through really well.  The power, however, is a bit lower than the M9 (maybe because of the smaller casing).
  5. The finger scanning on the A9 is better than my previous Android phone. It is so good that I now set my screen time out or power button to immediately returns to security lock mode.  All I need to do is placing my finger on the button to unlock.
  6. The biggest improvement of all is the camera which will deserve a separate write up. Yes, the camera is great under both normal and low light condition.  With lots of useful features.
  7. Phone voice quality is great, coupled with Sprint HD voice is better than anything I have used.  Particularly the speaker phone features.
  8. I personally love the Pastorale theme that HTC provides:

Screenshot_20151112-143102.png

Here are a few things that I think HTC can improve on: 

1. With Marshmallow, HTC uses a lot of Marshmallows stock features.  There are a lot less number of widgets available.  For example there used to be many different calendar widgets which were very nicely format.  There is none calendar widgets that I really like on this release.  This is truly personal but hopefully HTC can provide more of the widgets on previous phones.
  2. Battery life is not as good.  I would say for me the A9 is a 1pm phone, where at around 1pm each day I have to recharge the phone.  My previous phones would be ranked as a 3-4pm phones. For my heavy usage of the phone I am always equipped with alternative charging equipment so it is not a big issue 
  3. Need to provide alternative screen capture ability.  Pressing the two buttons is not my favorite approach.

In summary, I have really enjoyed the A9 so far and truly believe HTC has produced a great quality phone at a very competitive pricing and I would strongly recommend it to anyone who is looking for a new phone.  Like I said above, I hope this is the phone that will save HTC. Keep it up!

Bye for now.

Hung Bui

0 Comments

Storage Options on HTC One A9 - Sprint Product Ambassadors

So there is at least one view of the HTC One A9 that can never be disputed.  The Micro SD Card slot is present, easy to get to and rest assured as long as you go HTC, you’ll always have more than enough storage space open to you.  Per HTC’s specs the One A9 currently supports microSDXC cards up to 200GB (and theoretically will take cards up to 2TB once available). 

RAW video format pictures, extended HD videos, Downloads? Why not be wasteful?  HTC gives you what you need to cover even the most space consuming task.

Did I mention the thought of a 2TB card totally blows my mind? 

Even if you aren’t quite ready for a new micro SD card, I think the HTC One A9 has you covered. The HTC One A9 comes with 32GB internal and entitles you to an extra 100GB space on your Google Drive (which is always helpful).  I think the only drawback I could find is I was still using the 100GB bonus I got from my M9 and you can’t apply both to the same account. 

Oh well, I guess I shouldn’t complain seeing as I’m only at 1.5MB of 115GB.  Sheesh!  Time to start saving some RAW video photos.

IMG_20151206_100006_1.jpg

-Rob Ignatowicz

0 Comments

I can?t even remember what it was like to have a camera or video camera outside of my phone. And I take lots of videos and photos. I need my phone/camera to do 3 things: 1) Allow for quick kid photos, 2) Take video and 3) Have others use it to take photos.

• Quick Photos: I like having an easy to use camera and one that I don?t have to unlock to use ? so I like how the HTC One A9 lets me open the camera with just a swipe from the lock screen. That is needed when I am trying to catch a cute moment, and a fast kid. Attached is an example of my test of a moving kid.
  • As for videos, I had to record a band at a rather loud bar ? and then wanted to upload to Facebook right away so that I could promote the event while it was happening. Again there ? I was looking for the quick and easy way to do versus the ?professional? aspect. Attached is that clip. https://www.facebook.com/aeprice/videos/10207678299172516/?l=6560093900417444478
  • Others use: I love it when the camera is good enough that if you give the phone to a random person (in this case a waiter) that the person can take a good photo even without knowing the camera (see the attached shot).

Side note: I have tried the Zoe application (I used it for the HTC One E8 when I had that one ? the kids loved it more than me). I haven?t found any major changes with the application this time around. Fun to have and a good way to allow the kids to create something on the phone.

I did find that the battery drained pretty quickly when I use video recording ? but that might have been since I had the WIFI on too, so I am going to test that more.

What have you thought about the camera on this device since you have been using it?

0 Comments

If I played a little word association, what would be the most common words that I would apply to the term “flagship device”:

Multi-core processor

Big screen

High resolution display

Lots of memory

Great camera

Big battery

On the last item, even though the batteries in flagship devices across all OEM’s keep getting bigger, that doesn’t necessarily translate into better or longer battery life.  The devices also get more powerful, which means they just pull more juice.  In this regard, the HTC One A9 fits the model for flagship devices - bigger, better specs, powered by a pretty decent sized battery.  But there’s one big difference: MARSHMALLOW (aka Android 6.0).

Historically, we’ve seen upgrades to Android also come at a price… sometimes better power management is merely in the form of power saving modes that are activated when devices go below a certain threshold.  Sometimes more power comes from grossly enormous batteries (3000+mAH batteries in some of the phablet spaces). 

Not with Marshmallow.

And the HTC One A9 is the only device other than the current Nexus line that comes with Android 6.0 out of the box.  So how does it save battery?

DOZE MODE.

To activate Doze mode, you won’t need to memorize a long list of steps, or navigate through menus, or find an obscure toggle switch somewhere.  Here’s the steps:

1.   Make sure your phone has some power
  2.   Set the phone down, without being connected to a charger or power supply
  3.   Don’t touch it for hours

THAT’S IT.

You won’t see it, except when you wake up or come back to your device later.  The savings are extraordinary.  I’ve gone from 57% to 56% over 8 hours of sleep, which is unheard of. 

The Marshmallow laden A9 automatically detects that the device is no longer in motion or in use after a certain amount of time.  Once that threshold has been crossed, the device powers down ALL non-essential operations and applications… basically putting the phone to sleep.  The ONLY thing that can get through are notifications from High Priority applications, such as phone calls, text messages, alarms, and other critical notifications.  Notifications from your favorite social media app or game won’t make it through.  They have been de-prioritized.  Additionally, Android does have some tools in place to evaluate rogue programs that flag themselves as “high priority” when in fact they are frilly and extraneous.

It’s the invisible option that we love to use, but never actually see.  It’s Doze mode, and outside of the Nexus line of devices, you can only get it on the HTC One A9.

D

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an

0 Comments

I have had this phone for 2 weeks now and wanted to take a good long time before I wrote anything on it. In the past I would write something too early without seeing how the device would integrate itself in my life. My kids are the main factors in deciding how good or bad a phone is.

1. Durability
  2. Software/ease of use
  3. Feel in hand/look
  4. Camera
  5. Sound

download.jpg

Durability ? This phone is solid, unfortunately my son decided to test this theory out by tossing the phone. The phone survived the drop even without a case on it. I have no desire to test the durability any further and will be placing a case on the phone.

Software/ease of use? The A9 is one of the first non-Nexus phones that has Googles new Marshmallow OS on it.  The Fingerprint reader is by far one of the best on any device on the market. The user can now use the finger print reader to wake the phone up from sleep and unlock at the same time. Users of this phone will now want this feature on every device that you have. Some things just make sense, HTC?s finger print reader makes you wonder why it was not implemented years ago. You can even use the finger print scanner to authorize purchases on Google play. It makes you feel that we are in a galaxy far far away.

Look ? This device just looks amazing, it has a sleek look. I?m a pocket protector type of a nerd, I place my phone in my front shirt pocket. As weird as it is to say, the phone really slides well into all of my pockets. I?m not going to lie, people have mistaken this phone for another company?s phone.

Camera ? A good portion of my life is about capturing moments of my kids life, enough so that I can blackmail them when they get older. I need to be able to have embarrassing pictures and videos to show when they get too big for their britches. Slow motion, hyper lapse, panoramic, Raw. All of these are options on the A9, you the user can learn and become a real pro at taking pictures of those life events.

Sound ? HTC has gone away from their front facing speakers which was a disappointment for me. The A9 has focused their efforts on improving the headphone experience. Music is a big part of my life, and sound quality via the headphones are a major part of my listening life. The headphones are always in my ears, driving, chores around the house, almost all the time.

0 Comments

The HTC A9 has a very nice screen which is actually made by Corning

who I remember used to make dishes that wouldn't break when you dropped them once,

so it seems to be of a good quality I certainly would NOT suggest dropping it,

in general electronics break when you drop them.

The screen is big and the edges are thin,

blog 2 front.jpg

so the view-able area seems larger.

I really like how bright you can make the display sure makes the colors seem to pop.

The A9 over all is pretty thin which is a huge plus for me!

blog 2 side pic.jpg

Because I  have smaller hands, so being a thin phone is a pretty big deal.

I can use my thumb to reach anywhere on the screen which means I can hold it with one hand

making it so much easier to use.

Also it fits in my pocket perfectly not too bulky heavy enough to rest on the bottom of my pocket.

The HTC A9 has some great security features which are easy to setup

and makes the device and your information more secure.

One I particularly like is the hidden content of notifications on the lock screen.

You're asked to enable it when you setup the finger print scanner which makes it so easy to setup

and let me know of the feature I wouldn't normally look for.

It can be turn on/ off by going into settings then Sounds and Notifications t

hen scroll down to the bottom in the Notification area choose "when device is locked"

blog 2 screen1.jpg

Now you have the option to show or hide the content of

notifications as well as no notification.

blog 2 screen 2.jpgIf hide the content is turned on the notification types will be shown on the lock screen

but the details like the message or sender will not just says hidden.

It certainly protects sensitive information from prying eyes

“The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love phones. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and want to tell you what they think about them. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these phones. The information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint.”

0 Comments

The HTC A9 is so sleek but it feels solid in your hand and not flimsy.

The aluminum housing just makes it feel tough seems way fancier than

those plastic phones

1rst blog 1rst pic.jpg

I have had a few people mistake it for another phone model and were

quite interested on closer inspection. The HTC A9 does look to be high

quality and a great design. It really does feel awesome in your hand.

Being metal is a big deal to me, I’m pretty tough on stuff but this

device has a little weight to it and doesn’t have that cheap feel.

One key feature that everyone was talking about and I normally

wouldn’t use is the finger print scanner. I went ahead and set mine up

because of the buzz and am glad because I really enjoy it and can’t wait

to use google pay and try the one touch feature as well.

1rst blog 2nd pic.jpg

It’s on the bottom of the device where the home key would be

(it acts as a home key but isn’t a physical button).

What’s great is you don’t have to wake the device up first it senses your presence.

Also you can set up multiple fingers I thought that was weird

until I tried to unlock it with my other hand.

So I set up both of my thumbs both index fingers and my dominate

pinky for times when my hands are dirty.

I certainly don’t want to get my phone messy.

The setup was pretty simple and straightforward.

It did take a little while to load for the first time but the activation seemed fast.

I was pretty amazed that after I signed into my google account

it gave me an option to restore the apps from my previous device

which was made by a different manufacture. Sure saved a lot of time and made it easy 

“The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love phones.

They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and want to tell you what they think about them.

Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these phones.

The information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint.”

3 Comments

HTC.png

A9.png1425234952.png

The HTC One A9 has been out for a couple of weeks now and I was curious how it compares next to my HTC One M9. I knew there was some obvious differences and things I like about both phones. Both phones share similar body lines and curves front and back... although there are several changes even there between the two phones.

20151202_160827.jpg

One of the biggest differences between the A9 and M9 is that the A9 does not have the two front facing speakers with BoomSound. I have always loved the BoomSound on my M7, M8 and M9 and will be missed on my A9. The A9 added a fingerprint scanner in place of two front facing speakers. The fingerprint scanner is very fast and is probably one of the fastest fingerprint scanners available in my opinion. If I had a choice to pick from fingerprint scanner and BoomSound, I would go with keeping BoomSound my self. I used my front facing speakers often on my M9 and to me the sound is just not the same coming from the boom of the phone.

20151202_160837.jpg

One of the first things I noticed about the HTC One A9 when I removed it from the box was how much thinner and lighter it felt. As you can see in the picture above the A9 dimensions: 5.74"x2.79"x.29" and weighs 5.04 oz versus M9 dimensions: 5.70"x2.75"x0.37" and weighs 5.50 oz making it thinner and lighter than the M9. The difference is only noticeable between the two if you have them both and not a big deal...

Side by side 1.PNG

Another thing I noticed when I removed my A9 from the box was how easy it was to drop it because it was so slippery smooth... The M9 back is slightly curved to fit into your hand and I really liked that. I picked up a case for my A9 and resolved the problem of me dropping it. The picture above shows the speaker placement of the A9 near the USB port.

side by side 2.PNG

One the improvements I like of the A9 over the M9 is the camera. The A9 13MP takes better pictures than the M9 20MP camera and A9 has OIS support. More megapixels is not always better and I like the smaller MP camera the A9 offers. I am still testing the camera and will write up another blog on the camera itself.

image00.png

One more thing I noticed about my A9 is that HTC Sense is a lot lighter with Android Marshmallow 6.0. I am really enjoying the almost pure Android experience with HTC Sense where I like it with Zoe, weather widget I have used on all my HTC phones, HTC dialer and a few other HTC Sense many HTC fans love. One of the things you will not see is HTC email or music player apps loaded on the A9. HTC does make the HTC Email client available through Google Play Store, although I like Gmail app for my exchange email. It is easier to swipe to delete an email than have to place a check mark.

Check back next week as i explore the HTC One A9 and share some tips or other uses I discover while using my HTC One A9.

Thanks,

Blue