cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direct purchase from htc - supplied sim?

Go to solution
Journeyman

Direct purchase from htc - supplied sim?

I pre-ordered from HTC as their price is a lot more reasonable than what sprint is offering, but I'm wondering if anyone knows if it'll ship with the necessary nano sim card or if I need to contact sprint to get one?

I tried htc's chat, but it was 5 mins before they closed and at first he said they don't, then they do, so I'm just unsure.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

12 REPLIES 12
GrandMaster

Re: Direct purchase from htc - supplied sim?

if im thinking right you'll need to contact Sprint to get a Sim card.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

That's what I'm doing today. HTC's chat said yes, their phone support said no. So hopefully this time I don't have to pay to have the stupid thing shipped to me.

Journeyman

That's what I'm doing today. HTC's chat said yes, their phone support said no. So hopefully this time I don't have to pay to have the stupid thing shipped to me.

GrandMaster

Re: Direct purchase from htc -  supplied sim? 

yeah you should be able to get one from any Sprint brick and mortar repair store..actual repair store not a 3rd party one that says Sprint on it.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

When I got my Nexus 6, I had to call around to several stores, and finally found one about 20 miles from me to get one.  Most of them didn't even know what I was talking about.  It was a sad few days, but the one guy was like, sure come on in we'll get you taken care of - I'll hold it with your name on it.  SOOOO much better than the store that's closest to me.  That store I try to avoid at ALL costs.  I'll gladly drive 20 miles one way to get good customer service - you can tell when you have a good manager and they hire good people. 

GrandMaster

lol i have a decent one down the street from my work..but its a a good half hour drive from my home so same ordeal.

Sprint Product Ambassador

Yes, the HTC One A9 purchased from HTC will come with a SIM and ready for you to activate.

Disclaimer: I am NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped or answered your question, PLEASE mark it as solved.
GrandMaster

the newer sims dont need to be carrier branded? or do they ask you which carrier it will be on before you purchase it?

Re: Direct purchase from htc -� supplied sim?�

Yes, HTC asks for the carrier upfront and and that is why selecting Sprint as carrier it will come with a SIM card.

Disclaimer: I am NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped or answered your question, PLEASE mark it as solved.
GrandMaster

Re: Direct purchase from htc -� supplied sim?�

didnt know this. i know we see lots of posters that get a phone directly from the manufacturer then are in here asking about getting sim cards all the time. figured they just didnt give them out and that was on the carrier.

RL is right. A9 for Sprint purchased from HTC will come kitted with a Sprint SIM.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat