cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is HTC One A9 a Spark device?

Go to solution
Journeyman

Is HTC One A9 a Spark device?

I've been hesitating to upgrade from my GS3 to a Spark device because of the lack of simultaneous voice and data.  I notice on the Sprint website that the new HTC One A9 doesn't explicitly mention that it's a Spark device like others.  Can anyone confirm this?  Specifically, is simultaneous voice/data possible on this device?  Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
GrandMaster

Re: Is HTC One A9 a Spark device?

all the newer phones will be spark devices.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Also, it'll be capable of data aggregation such means much faster speeds.

GrandMaster

yeah i have the CA here in my work town and the speeds are by far worthy. highest i have had so far was mid 70's for download speeds.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Oh, and until sprint launches VoLTE, unfortunately we won't have voice and data at the same time on newer devices. I've read sometime in 2016, but frankly I wouldn't hold my breath. It should just be a software update once they do get it rolled out though if that's any consolation.

GrandMaster

if it goes anything like Verizons deployment its going to be a rough road ahead. LOTS of adjustments etc to get it up and fully going. they started their deployment well over a year ago and theyre still running into issues with it. area to area though.

Sprint Product Ambassador

Nice job Fireguy, you're right, the A9 is carrier aggregation 2x2p capable, enjoy those speeds in markets that support it!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat