cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1/31 - HTC One Software Update - 4.06.651.4 (Android KitKat)

Journeyman

Re: 1/31 - HTC One Software Update - 4.06.651.4 (Android KitKat)

The update is still unavailable for me in Minneapolis, MN.

It showed up after clearing the data for google.services.framework and restarting my phone.  Downloading now!

Journeyman

Here is what I noticed:

1.on lock screen: slide to the left, and you can add widgets
2. The ability to edit the quick settings
3. Slightly faster
4. Can turn off Blink Feed
5. Can add additional features to Blink Feed
6. Additional features to the camera
7. Improved Keyboard with nice emoticons
8. Do not disturb function

Here is what has yet to improve (on my phone)
1. Still receiving data errors
2. Battery life is just as bad
3. Can’t replace Blink Feed screen with a blank home page
4. very slow 3G

In short, much hype and not much improvement

Journeyman

You can turn off Blinkfeed and add a new blank screen by long pressing on a blank portion of a screen, then turn off Blinkfeed and then click the plus sign.

GrandMaster

it can be removed now? booyah..THIS im looking forward to...the rest is just an added bonus lol.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

Now it has DoNotDisturb, but can't set a time to turn it on/ff automatically? that's quite lame.

Journeyman

Will this update also be pushed to the HTC One Max? It looks like I am already running Sense 5.5, but only Android 4.3

GrandMaster

no. the Max will get its own update pushed to it..im surprised it didnt get the KitKat update kicked to it already.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Any idea when the One Max will get the 4.4 update?

It appears I was able to answer my own question.   Here is a very helpful page on the HTC website: HTC Software Updates | HTC United States

Message was edited by: steinjr

Master

steinjr,

Thank you for posting on our community forum. I apologize for the delay, but I am glad to see that you got your answer.

Jen R 

Sprint Social Care Team

Master

SaveWorld4Future:

That is a good question  and I’d be happy to answer that for you.  That would mean you’ve initiated a request to check for any available updates.   In short, on your device, you force it to look for updates.  The steps you would need to follow may be found here:
http://support.sprint.com/support/article/Find_and_update_the_software_version_on_your_HTC_One/WServ...Smiley Very HappySmiley Surprised

Jon H.
Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

Annoyed that SMS character limit is 70 is using emojis, and if we use Hangouts to avoid that, there is no way to add a paragraph!  When does the return button on the keyboard send the message?  Is there a why to turn this off?

Also, this is an old issue, but why isn't the volume button locked when it's on the lock screen?

Thanks!

Journeyman

I kept having issues with the mobile data connection on my HTC ONE and  somewhere on the forums there was the suggestion of checking for updates.  So I upgraded yesterday, and although I love the updates and apparent stability, signal strength seems better, etc.  I no longer have my beloved "News & Weather" app.  I know there's a newer one on the google market, but it scales the screen wrong, doesn't allow changing location (every search comes back with location not found), and doesn't contain the shortcut to go to weather.com for more info.

I loved the old app, how it had a quick and easy view of the weather, the curves allowed you to instantly recognize what was happening to temperature and rain chances, etc.  With exception of the "News & Weather (beta)" by Awnry Software (which I described above and I do not like), I do not see another app that does exactly this.  Some research shows my "beloved app" was the "stock android news & weather app" aka. GenieWidget.  How can I get it back?

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat