cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1/31 - HTC One Software Update - 4.06.651.4 (Android KitKat)

Journeyman

Re: 1/31 - HTC One Software Update - 4.06.651.4 (Android KitKat)

I lost my emoticons too on the swype keyboard after the software update on 2/11/14.  I switched the keyboard to HTC Sense Input, which has a wide range of emoticons and they work.  I talked to Sprint and walked the tech support person through the issue.  They said they were not aware of the issue.

Journeyman

Can anyone tell me why they changed the battery life in the notification screen to white with the new update instead of green, yellow and red? The colored battery notification is helpful when glancing at the phone.

Master

mryan4956,

There are a number of ways you can unlock your screen. You can use Face Unlock, a Pattern, a PIN or even a Password. You can go to Settings>Security>Screen Lock> and choose which one of these options you would like to use on your phone. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

*Liz

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

I agree with you about changing the battery life from green to white. Other things changed too with the new update which we do not like including dropping the WiFi connection frequently at home which did not occur previous to the update.

GrandMaster

i'll be curious to see if the battery notification colors are changed up on other devices as well once they get KK..or if it was a HTC only ordeal.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

This was a change made to Android by Google. HTC did not do anything to affect the battery icon, they simply used the new std Android icon from KitKat.

GrandMaster

thats what i was figuring..but seeing as how i dont have any other devices around me from different manufacturers i could check myself lol..either way the colored version was by far superior in my books..not to sure why they decided to change things up.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Master

JasmineRose

Have you attempted to use the HTC ONE stock/sense input keyboard? Let me know if that helped with the emoticons.

*David S

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

all white! I got kk on a Note 3.

Journeyman

did some reading and they google said it saves cpu and ram. google kitkat colors

Master

BrentRoettger,

Thanks for providing an update, please let us know if you encounter any issues or have any questions. Thank you.

Charles G.

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

I did see that they work with the HTC ONE stock/sense keyboard.  But I like Swype - which used to have the emoticons.  I dislike when features are taken away.  (Insert very sad emoticon)

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat