cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1/31 - HTC One Software Update - 4.06.651.4 (Android KitKat)

Master

Re: 1/31 - HTC One Software Update - 4.06.651.4 (Android KitKat)

Parabolus,

Thanks for the post. Are you still having this issue? Can you see if the issue stops if you take the auto time off? With it being set to manual you should be able to keep your time true.

Victor

Sprint Social Care

Master

TRAVELER1950,

Are you still having this issue? I see we had a suggestion via another thread and wanted to see if it helped.

Dania

Social Care

Master

royal73,

Thank you for posting.  I am glad to hear that the update is going well with signal strength and stability. As far as the weather application widget I am not sure why that would have changed. When you go under the applications and widgets there is nothing in the widgets to set it back?  I know with the update I got for the Note 3 it set some things back to a default mode and I had to set it back how I wanted it.  Please let us know

Thank you,

Anthony

Social Care Team

Journeyman

I lost the zoom bar as well after the update last night. I thought I did something which caused the issue. I played around with the camera settings and couldn't find any options to bring it back. I then pinch the screen in and out and the zoom bar is back. But next time you open the camera, it is not there again. Then I found this thread and knew that the new update took it away. I have no idea why would they do that. I love the zoom bar as you can zoom in and out much quicker than using your fingers to zoom in and out, especially when you try to take a picture of something higher up. I sure hope someone will put it back!

Journeyman

Thanks for asking about the HTC sense keyboard over swype.  I like it okay.  I think it isn't quite as smooth with offering corrections or alternate words.  But definitely worth using over normal key-entry (for me).

GrandMaster

if you do the pinch zoom it will pull the bar back up so you can just slide back and forth to zoom in or out..but yah..no longer have the bar unless you do that first..lame

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Master

whereabout,

I am sorry to see that this has been removed. You are correct that you can use the pinch in and out to zoom. I will definitely pass along this information to HTC for future updates. Let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.

*Andi R.
Sprint Social Care Team
Journeyman

No, the google stock News and Weather widget and app are no longer available since the upgrade, and I have an HTC One.  This is the same app that PeteMan72 mentioned.  When looking at the weather it would have a small icon that links to AccuWeather.

Message was edited by: royal73

Journeyman

I've tried turning off the auto time and the time stamps are still one hour behind.

GrandMaster

uncheck it..RE check it again so it resets itself back to the fixed time..THEN uncheck it again so it stays there.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Wizard

royal73 wrote:

No, the google stock News and Weather widget and app are no longer available since the upgrade, and I have an HTC One.  This is the same app that PeteMan72 mentioned.  When looking at the weather it would have a small icon that links to AccuWeather.

Message was edited by: royal73

Yahoo has a very nice weather app. I prefer it over Accueweather and Weatherbug. Matter of fact, Yahoo has a nice finance/stocks app and a Sports app. I just drop them all in 1 folder that I call Yahoo. I have my Yahoo Mail, Stocks, Weather, News, & Sports all in one folder. I love Android!

Journeyman

I don't really care that it connected to AccuWeather, only that it had news and weather combined in a small widget and that the temperature and precipitation chances were displayed in a curve.  I've tried the Yahoo weather and it is not even as good as the weather.com app/widget I'm using for now.  There's a clone of the "geniewidget" made by a third party (i.e. non google), and it has some serious issues, like slowness (waiting for loading ads), scaling of the image with the curve is way off (larger than the screen).  I really just want the old news&weather app back....

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat