cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

10/02 - HTC One Software Update - 3.04.651.2

Journeyman

Re: 10/02 - HTC One Software Update - 3.04.651.2

I may need help from one of the techs. The towers around here are being upgraded, some of them already upgraded...is a mess in the entire city. I updated the prl in 3 different areas around the city but no luck. I'll see what I can do.

In a different note...the battery life is horrible now!! I should've waited to update!!!

GrandMaster

you rarely want to update the PRL..the one youre wanting to update is the profile..THAT is the one that works with your connections..im in the same boat just not as bad with the battery life as some..i normally wait a few weeks to see what all has happened to everyones phones that did the update..the ONE time i say ehh why not? i get this lol..go figure..anywho on top of the phone having some issues with this update the tower upgrades around you are going to by far affect your battery life..i'll see if i can get one of the techs i normally deal with to hop in here..they are a bit stretched when it comes to the tech/customer ratio..so it may take a bit lol

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************

MannyKC-

Greetings and sorry to hear about the issues! I'm going to send you a private message to assist you further.

Hang tight-

William

Journeyman

I am having the same issue with battery life. It was great before the update, but I updated two days ago and now my phone will not last 11- 12  hrs with power saver on and almost no use. The battery usage meter indicates 60% battery use in phone idle. What happened???? I am not happy with this update!

Journeyman

Hi.

I am trying to apply this update but can't seem to have any success.  After I download and perform the update the phone reboots BUT it get's stuck on a "blue phone with the RED Triangle with an exclaimation, above it".  It then reboots again and ask me to install again. (I have done this 10+ times)

Has anyone come across this?

Does anyone have any idea what that red triangle means?

Does anyone from Sprint have any steps to resolve this?

So, far, I have gone to the sprint store/called their support where they have not been helpful and basically told me to call HTC, which I have.  They have wiped my phone/factory reset (did not help) and asked me to wait for Sprint to fix it.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

P.S. Phone is on stock release 1.31.651.2, OS 4.1.2

GrandMaster

purely stock correct and not rooted and running 4.1.2? usually the only time that notification pops up is when a phone is rooted and someone is trying to run a new update..usually.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Correct... have not done anything to the phone, unless the guy @ the sprint store gave me something rooted... Are you saying you are/were able to update this on your phone, without any issues?

GrandMaster

receiving the update and downloading it without any issues? yes..as for the update itself NOT having any issues? that would be a negative..its got some odd ball issues..you may want to hold off if at all possible. are there any issues with your current phone that this new update was supposed to resolve?

Journeyman

no issues w/ the phone and i can wait... i just downloaded it w/out any error.  it confirms/validates the package as good but when it does the install (reboot) i see the bluephone and red triangle and then 2mins after that it reboots and then says there is a new update to install (not download).. I have already wiped/reset the phone..

Just sucks that sprint store folks can't help and send me to HTC, and HTC tech staff says sprint is working on it to wait

Thanks fireguy.. appreciate the response

GrandMaster

no worries..im in the same boat as many others with this update...i bypassed my usual "wait at least 2 weeks to see what all is going on" rule and went ahead and updated my phone a day after this update came out..so this debacle is all on me this time lol..well having the issues on my phone..not the update blooper itself.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat