cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

10/02 - HTC One Software Update - 3.04.651.2

GrandMaster

Re: 10/02 - HTC One Software Update - 3.04.651.2

has anyone actually used the NFC with any other phones besides a HTC? all i could figure out was the bluetooth transfer..anything else that is a bit quicker and more reliable? tried wifi direct but gave up on it after a bit..jumping back and forth between my One and a S4 gave me a headache lol

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Thanks, never seen it before.....

Journeyman

Update worked fine for me to include saving all my content and desktop icons. Here's some of my feedback after playing with it for about an hour.

• Status bar updates...
    • + I like that I can enable the battery percentage in the status bar. I wish there was an option to hide the actual battery icon when the percentage is shown, since only one is needed and it crowds the status bar.
    • + I like the new quick settings menu where the settings shortcut used to be, but why no NFC toggle? (Also, you can access quick settings with a 2-finger swipe on the status bar and save an extra click.)
    • - I don't like the persistent NFC icon. I know it's on... I leave it on all the time. This just takes up more space.
    • - I don't like the power saver mode icon. I know it's nothing new, but I read in this article that it was going away in the updated version of Sense. Granted, it's an article for android 4.2.2, but I still thought the update would apply here as well. I leave it on all the time, so it too is an additional waste of space.
  • + I like the new setting to configure the Home button as swipe up for Google Now and press and hold for menu.
  • + I like the updates to Zoes and the video highlights.
    • Zoes no longer save a ton of images, which means I can now reenable dropbox's autoupload feature without worrying about every Zoe uploading 20+ photos.
    • The new video highlight themes and options are much appreciated. I especially like the Gotham theme... there will soon be a lot of very dark and dramatic cat videos on my Facebook feed.

(Sprint -- why didn't you list the Sense updates instead of just saying "stability improvements"?)

Journeyman

If you're talking about NFC transfer not working with another phone, for example a Galaxy, you just need to touch the top half of the One to the middle of the other device. 

Journeyman

Anybody else have the purple haze camera issue?  HTC promised this update to fix that, but if anything it's worse.

GrandMaster

I tested the camera after seeing your post. Working good still on my side of things. I'll try out the transfer with a s4. Anything special need to be selected? Aside from nfc turned on.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

S Beam should be turned off on the Samsung device For NFC to work.

GrandMaster

Walk me through the process of you don't mind. As if I were trying to transfer a picture for example from my gallery.

Journeyman

Both devices unlocked, bring up the photo that you want to transfer.  Then hold the devices together, back-to-back, with the One sitting lower so the top of the One is at the middle of the Galaxy.  When you hear a sound, tap the photo and the transfer should begin.  Hope that helps

GrandMaster

Did all that but still nothing. One of the few things with this phone I have yet to figure out lol. Would be nice though. Have a wheelin video from this weekend I want to pass on to my brother and vise versa .

GrandMaster

Got it this time around. HTC needs a quicker transfer option besides that lol. Even a small video took a while.

Journeyman

All I can say is.....THANK GOD ALREADY!!

Thanks for NOT making us wait another month.....

It works fine, no issues here. The Zoe upgrades are going to be the most impactful once you start sharing your Zoes with your friends and family. The fact that the file format has changed so not to have 30 jpegs for one Zoe is Big ups.  I truly hope the fragmentation of data is now better managed. Love the 2 finger swipe.

I Like it !

HTC one ROCKS!

Waiting on the MAX

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat