cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

10/02 - HTC One Software Update - 3.04.651.2

Journeyman

Re: 10/02 - HTC One Software Update - 3.04.651.2

for anyone who wants a full breakdown of the HTC One update, follow this link and watch the first video: http://www.androidcentral.com/htc-one-android-42-update-video-walkthrough

enjoy!

Journeyman

I've been using NFC tags with my One for a few months now. Automating things such as volume profiles, wifi on/of, bluetooth on/off, launching certain applications, etc. depending on my location. I have tags at my front door, next to my bed, on my desk at work, etc. Great functionality. There are some other things you can change but the phone has to be rooted. (I haven't done that yet, the One seems more difficult to root than other Android phones I've had.)

GrandMaster

i never was big into rooting my phones..would it fix a lot of issues? sure..but from my side of things i would rather keep it as is so if i DO run into any issues its not from something i might have done..

also i have no idea what youre talking about with NFC tags lol..my prior phone was the original evo and it ran like a champ unaltered up until it commited suicide off the bed rail of my truck..pretty tragic really..lots of crying..fingers getting pointed for blame..its now widow in the background crying..*sigh*...im still learning this phone and its tricks..heck up until a few weeks ago i couldnt figure out how to pull up all the recently used actions/apps. the original evo was a long press on the home key..the One is a double tap of the home key..

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Thanks, yeah I'd seen that before too. The only thing I see that is different is the persistent power saver icon is still there. In the video he said it changed, but he never had it enabled so it's hard to tell.

Actually, now that I think about it, maybe he just means the toggle box doesn't show up in the pulldown menu anymore when disabled. I was really hoping the persistent icon was removed when enabled, as it uses up precious status bar space and I leave it enabled all the time. He also doesn't mention the new NFC icon that takes up additional space.

So yeah, overall it's a much appreciated update that I'm sure has a ton of behind the scenes improvements, but it's some of those little in-your-face things that bother me.

Journeyman

A couple things I don't like about the update -

1) Google maps was updated (I much prefer the old version of navigation)

2) When you turn the GPS on or off, an extra screen comes up that you have to back out of

Other that that, I like the updates!  The text on the screen looks clearer, I can "hide" apps from the custom apps menu, and the ringer and notification volumes are untied, so I can turn the notifications off and leave the ringer on!  -->  but I wish there was an easier way to change sound profiles to turn notifications off.

I can't seem to get the settings menu to come up by swiping it with two fingers.  Am I missing something?

Thanks!

GrandMaster

this update has nothing to do with google maps..google maps also kicked out yet another update roughly the same day as this was released.

for access to the quick toggles you slide down the notifications bar the same way as usual...but instead of using one finger you use 2. space between your fingers doesnt make any difference..spread out..close together..it will do the same thing

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I uninstalled all updates to google maps, like I did with previous updates, and I could not get back to the original navigation like I normally can. I'm stuck with this new version. :\

Thanks for the tip on quick toggles!

Journeyman

Having severe connection issues.  Calls and texts are very spotty.  Signal strength low to nil.

GrandMaster

Ok I'm needing am assist from those having issues with their contacts syncing and whatnot. Go into settings, sync, HTC. post what it says. Mine says sync is off with no option to turn it on. Not sure if this might be something due to the update or not. Which is why I'm needing you people to check lol. Ditto with the people NOT having issues. Post what your are seeing in there. the only pictures I am seeing in there are the ones that I manually put in everything else that was Sync'd  before is no longer sync'd. Pics no longer there along with some names.

Journeyman

I see the same thing, @fireguy_6364. Sync is off but no way to turn it on that I can find. HTC Communication only sets you up to get offers, etc., from HTC. Clicking on the entry for ACCOUNTS brings up a screen named HTC Account and gives my e-mail address but clicking on it does nothing at all. Pressing the menu icon brings up only an option to Remove. Maybe we need to remove the account and start all over???? Maybe there's a setting somewhere else that governs the backup???? I thought perhaps there was a setting on the Dropbox account (I think that's where the back-up is sent to) but like the HTC Account the only thing that comes up is an option to remove it altogether. That doesn't seem right to me. Maybe something is messed up with Dropbox and we'll have to straighten that out first.

Journeyman

frailer, fireguy,

You are correct about all of your statements, it may be a dropbox thing. Did you guys reboot the phone? Always try that. I remember I had to create a new htc account or find my old one and change its password to use my htc backup with dropbox. Try looking into your htc account and try changing its password etc..

Goodluck..

Journeyman

@fireguy_6364, your HTC Backup may be working without your being aware of it. I always shut my phone down overnight and wake it up the next morning. For the past two mornings I have seen a notification that backup is in progress (no indication of what is doing the backup, though). When I go into Sync, I still can't do anything with the HTC Account, as I reported before. But I knew something must be going on, so I poked around in Settings and found Backup & reset. Clicking on it brought up Backup account with the htc logo, which had several options: Automatic backup (toggle), Back up now, App data and settings restore (which doesn't do what you might guess -- if you toggle it on, when an app is reinstalled its backed-up settings and data will be restored), Last backup, and Reset phone. Interestingly, there is a grayed-out option: Restore from HTC backup (maybe it can be used only if you've reset the phone or are working with a new htc phone).

The last backup for me was dated MON, OCT 7, 2013 7:02 AM, which is about the time I woke the phone up this morning. I got into my Dropbox account and tried to figure out where the backups might be. I'm sure it has been there all along, but I had never paid any attention to a folder named Apps. Within it there is a sub-folder for all apps that back up to Dropbox, and there is one for HTC. In fact, there are quite a few, going all the way back to the time I got the phone, and lots of them within the past several days.

There is a text file in the folder that reads:

"This folder is used by the HTC Backup application to save the settings from your HTC phone. Settings for each of your HTC phones are saved in separate folders. Files within each of these folders are encrypted and only meant to be opened by the HTC Backup application. You may delete one or more of these folders to free up space in your Dropbox account. If you delete a folder, you will no longer be able to restore settings from that phone to a new HTC phone. Please do not modify or delete any of the files in these folders. Any changes to these files will prevent you from restoring settings to a new HTC phone."

All the other files have enormously long names, mixed alpha and numerical characters, and there is any option to download each file. I didn't actually download anything because if they are encrypted I wouldn't be able to make any sense of them. My guess is that every time a new app is installed or a change is made in data settings, a new file incorporating the change is sent to Dropbox.

Any thoughts?

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat