cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

12/18 - HTC One Software Update - 3.05.651.5

Journeyman

Re: 12/18 - HTC One Software Update - 3.05.651.5

Well I just got off my work phone with HTC, we tried a cache clear from the Android menu and then tried to update profile/prl after that.  It still didn't fix the issue.  In the end I did a factory restore and now I can call/text and update my prl/profile.  It sucked that I had to do a factory restore, but in the end it had to be done.  Now I get to spend the rest of the day setting it back up.

Good luck everybody!!!

Journeyman

Glad to know that at least fixed it. Well there goes a good chunk of my weekend.  Did you have to check "Erase all data" as well?

Master

tfroncko2, 

This error is always caused by a rooted device. Is your phone rooted?

Dania
Social Care

Patron

Also how did you back up your apps,pictures,music etc...,and im not rooted.

Journeyman

Factory Restore wipes everything (so do any/all backups before you perform this task).  They had me perform the reset from the Android recovery menu (which I'm sure they don't want people to usually mess with, but you get to it when your phone is off, press and hold the down volume and hold power, you'll then get a menu to select from.)  If you root your phone you shouldn't have an issue getting to this menu.  It's just a pain in the ass to re download my apps and set it up the phone.

Journeyman

I backed everything up to my dropbox account. 

Patron

apps and music too?? how do I do that I want to keep my app's data if I can

Journeyman

My phone is not rooted. Can't you accomplish the same thing through settings, Backup&Reset?

Journeyman

I didn't bother trying to save any app data.  Google play keeps a list of the apps I've used.  That's good enough for me.  I only wanted/needed to backup photos/videos.  Everything else will start over from scratch.  I'm guess you could try the Backup&Reset option, but I've never tried any of the htc backup methods.

Journeyman

No, my phone is stock. By the looks of it on this board and others, this update is affecting many with the stock OS as well. I took my phone to a Sprint store today and after 30 min the rep said he could not manually push a PRL or profile update. He said that this appears to be a software issue and that a FR is the only thing left to try. I'm hoping someone figures out a remedy before everyone has to do that.

Highlighted
Journeyman

My backup pro is awesome.

Master

zoopta,

I hear your frustration. How long has this been going on? Can you put your phone on 3G only by going to settings>mobile data>network mode>CDMA only. Let us know if your wife is able to text you and call you.

*Liz

Sprint Social Care 

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat