Highlighted
Wizard

3/19 - HTC One Software Update - 4.06.651.9

HTC One Software Update -  4.06.651.9

Enhancements/Fixes

- System stability improvements

Important Notes

- Software version is 4.06.651.9

- This update is available now only for customer initiated request. Network initiated roll-out will start in batches from 3/24/14

- Refer to the HTC One Software Update article in Support for install instructions

46 REPLIES 46
Highlighted
GrandMaster

if youre using handcent then its a issue between handcent and i believe FB...the link gets lost..if this is the case then handcent is already working on this..no idea of a time frame

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Master

ShipWreck,

Hi there. It is likely that you have your social media synced to your device and synced to the contacts. You can check by going into the settings. Steps can be found at http://bit.ly/1rAtT7K . You should be able to turn the sync off if you want. Let me know if this helpful.

SarahG

Social care
Highlighted
Wizard

This was not for me that was a suggestion for another user..

Highlighted
Master

SCOUTMOMANG

I understand that change can sometimes take some getting used to. Thank you very much for your post and feedback. The updates that are sent out by the manufacturer of the devices themselves based on feedback given by consumers such as yourself. I would recommend voicing your concerns through HTC's site as well.

Alex
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Just installed the update last night, and now facebook news feed is broke.  It won't update no matter if I am using the app or firefox browser.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the facebook app, no dice. 

Highlighted
Master

Dusto_55

Thanks for reaching out. I wouldn't say the update is causing that issues as I and several others have installed the update and are not seeing that problem. I took a look a the Facebook app review in the play store and saw that others on different devices are having that same issue and it seems to stem from a recent update to the Facebook app. I also did a Google search for Facebook new feed down and see several report form all over the world saying there feeds were down. I'm thinking Facebook may be having issues, but I can tell you if it was the update it wouldn't single out the Facebook newsfeed. Is anyone else on the in here having that issue?

Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Installed the update several days ago, at this point it's obvious: the battery drain is more pronounced, especially when the phone idles; the signal strength become weaker, mainly 3G now with less bars; the phone runs hotter. The phone was perfect prior this update. Bad improvement, very disappointing!    

Highlighted
Journeyman

I updated last night and now cannot use phone or mobile data. Wi-Fi seems to work fine. Factory reset had no effect. Going to factory repair store tomorrow. Phone was awesome until this update.

Highlighted
Master

Vman96, I apologize that the update has caused issues with your phone. We are currently working on a fix for this. It has been reported that a software refresh can help with these issues. This can be done at a Sprint service and repair store with a triage PC. I would suggest calling before to make the reps are familiar with this. Let me know how it goes. *Social Care Team
Highlighted
Master

DaveKu

Thank you for the update I'm sorry to hear you are having issues after updating your device. Keep us posted on the outcome of the visit. Let us know if they are able to help get your device up and running again for you.

Thank you

*Randi

Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Since I got the update the emoticons in texting have disappeared and mobile data is not good. It also is defaulting to WiFi. I only use WiFi at work and it's very irritating to have to constantly change back to mobile data. Now the battery is hot when charging.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

go into your settings and turn off the connections optimizer..odds are this is what is happening. its pulling for whatever connection has the best performance..and wifi is it.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat