cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3/30 - HTC One Software Update - 4.06.651.9 - Severe Problem

Highlighted
Journeyman

3/30 - HTC One Software Update - 4.06.651.9 - Severe Problem

Upgraded on 3/29 in the early morning and made an outgoing call and received an incoming call right after the upgrade.  Also sent and received text message.   All while at home.    As of 3/30 9:30 am I realized that I can't send text, receive or make a call.   Last known outgoing call was made about 5 hours post upgrade.  Anyone calling my cell goes directly to VM and I do not get the voicemail messge.   When making an outgoing call, it just says dialing and never connects (no sound, no message).  Eventually it says call has been lost.   I have bars.  Am calling from home which I have been doing so with Sprint for over 10 years and with this phone since last August.   My husband's old cell (not a smartphone) is working fine inbound and outbound calls. 

On my phone data via 3g web access works when network is set to automatic.  If network is set to LTE/CDMA I get some connections or get the msg unable to establish a wireless data network.   Wifi works fine for apps, web, etc. 

Network status says Sprint, -99dBm, CDMA- eHRP, in service

Have tried all the usual restart etc.  Also the Android system is using 80% of my battey and has drained 60% in two hours.

How do I fix this?  Can I go back to the previous software version?

Any info or help much appreciated.Thanks!

26 REPLIES 26
Journeyman

Re: 3/30 - HTC One Software Update - 4.06.651.9 - Severe Problem

You cannot go to a previous software version; unfortuantely android doesn't support that.

As for your calling issue, go to settings > system updates and update your PRL and Profile.  If it gives you an error, record it, and post it here.  If it works, great!  If not, let us know.

You can also try going to the dialer and trying ##update# to reactivate the phone, however, if it doesn't work either, I'd call Sprint and have them reprovision the account.

Journeyman

Thanks. Calling Sprint and reprovisioning fixed the no call problem. Also had to dupdaye profile as you noted. Now to deal with excessive batter drain. 30% in an hour with no major use.

GrandMaster

depending on how your signal is you might try letting the phone completely die..turn it back on again and let it drain even more until it cant be powered back on..let it sit for about 10 minutes then go ahead and power start charging it again..this unfortunately is the only true method we can do to replicate a actual battery pull on these phones..

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Master

123LLS,

I apologize about the issues that you experienced after your recent software update. I am glad to hear that our customer care was able to fix the calling issue on your device.

I noticed that you're still having issues with the battery life on your device. Please visit this link http://bit.ly/1rZNHBT for troubleshooting steps regarding shorten battery life. Please let us know how this goes for you.

*Brittney
Social Care
Journeyman

this update also KILLED my battery

Wizard

Might setup your Sprint Zone App it will give you some good information on your battery and make sure that it's properly charging as well.

Master

BETH101M,

It looks like you received great information on how to resolve your battery issues. Did any of this help? Please let me know.

Colleen

Sprint social care
Journeyman

thanks, i will try that

Journeyman

unfortunately, no

today my battery didnt even last more than 9 hours.  it used to last about 24.

Master

BETH101M Aww! Sorry to here that. Try turning down the brightness on the phone. Make sure you don't have any apps running in the back ground of your phone. I hope this help!

Anntenetta Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

did all that

the phone is so dark i can barely see the screen if im outside :-(

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat