cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3/30 - HTC One Software Update - 4.06.651.9 - Severe Problem

Highlighted
Journeyman

3/30 - HTC One Software Update - 4.06.651.9 - Severe Problem

Upgraded on 3/29 in the early morning and made an outgoing call and received an incoming call right after the upgrade.  Also sent and received text message.   All while at home.    As of 3/30 9:30 am I realized that I can't send text, receive or make a call.   Last known outgoing call was made about 5 hours post upgrade.  Anyone calling my cell goes directly to VM and I do not get the voicemail messge.   When making an outgoing call, it just says dialing and never connects (no sound, no message).  Eventually it says call has been lost.   I have bars.  Am calling from home which I have been doing so with Sprint for over 10 years and with this phone since last August.   My husband's old cell (not a smartphone) is working fine inbound and outbound calls. 

On my phone data via 3g web access works when network is set to automatic.  If network is set to LTE/CDMA I get some connections or get the msg unable to establish a wireless data network.   Wifi works fine for apps, web, etc. 

Network status says Sprint, -99dBm, CDMA- eHRP, in service

Have tried all the usual restart etc.  Also the Android system is using 80% of my battey and has drained 60% in two hours.

How do I fix this?  Can I go back to the previous software version?

Any info or help much appreciated.Thanks!

26 REPLIES 26
Highlighted
Journeyman

i just went into the sprintzone and saw that i had 5 alerts starting march 25th.

battery problem: charging: unknown

charging issue- health: overheat

Highlighted
Master

BETH101M Okay! If none of the above steps worked, you can go to a nearby sprint store for a better resolution. I hope this help resolve your issue.

Anntenetta Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
GrandMaster

disregard the sprintzone notifications..its a known issue with that showing you have had battery issues when in fact there havent been ..biggest one would be for over heating..unless you physically feel the phone heating up to non normal temps dont trust the sprintzone deal.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

thanks for the info!.  it does feel pretty hot though.. and the notifications start on the day after i downloaded the update.

Highlighted
Master

BERH101M If the phone is over heating it may be a hardware issue. You may want to take the phone to a Sprint store. Mitzie Sprint Social Care team.
Highlighted
Journeyman

Have we discovered a solution to the battery drain (and hot running phone)?  After only 4 hours, my phone is at 19% battery and going down fast!  It has been this way since I updated the OS.

Help!!

Highlighted
GrandMaster

let the phone fully die and stay dead for about 10 minutes if you can..then go ahead and charge it back up..some additional things are needed though..first check to see if the connections optimizer is checked or unchecked..second go into your settings-battery-usage and list what all is running in there and the percentages..also if you can a list of what all apps are running in the background as well..lastly how is your reception? voice and data. is this also everywhere you go or only at one location?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Master

WaitingInGlendale,

Have you taken it to a Sprint service and repair store for them to take a look at your phone? Below are some trouble shooting ways to determine what is draining your battery:

When does the device get the hottest? There is a very close relationship between heat production and battery consumption, if you can identify when the heat occurs you generally also know when the largest peak battery drain occurs.

Check for heavy use of big battery consuming functions such as: Camera, White on the display with AMOLED devices, backlight settings on LCD devices, weak 1x (voice) coverage, frequent data sync intervals, etc...

Please Remove all installed apps and try the device for a few days without them. Does battery life improve significantly? If so, add apps back one per day until the battery life drops below acceptable thresholds for you, is that app worth its weight in battery life?

Thank you,

Barry

Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
GrandMaster

without having them go right to deleting every app they have on their phone you could probably just walk them through kicking the phone into safe mode..this will shut down ALL 3rd party apps and only run the stock apps..if the problem still occurs then its something else not related to the 3rd party apps..and now they dont have to go through and reload every single app they originally had..not to mention any lost info on said apps that couldnt be saved.

Highlighted
Journeyman

This sounds like a good suggestion.  I'd like to try that.  It seem like the battery use increased significantly with the last system upgrade.  It was doing fine before that.   I keep looking at the battery users and the android os is the biggest user.  The phone is dead now (following advise above) or I could read the users. There are very few apps running (less than 5) and they all use less than 2% each.  The heavy users are in the 40% and there are only 2 of those, both of which are phone or os related.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hi.  I turned on my phone again.  The heavy users are: Android System 50% and Google Services 20%, Dialer is next at 20%, the rest are Messages 1%, Voice calls 2%, Wi-Fi 2% and phone idle 1%

Highlighted
GrandMaster

android system will always be high..anytime you turn on your screen the android system is working and doing its thing..you dont even have to unlock your screen for it to be going full bore..how is your reception? voice? data? if either of those are a bit lacking you will see a pretty big impact on your battery..give me a bit and i'll take a look at mine and give you an idea of where mine is at as well..my battery life is a bit short as well but thats due to the games i play not to mention watching about a hours worth roughly of netflix on my lunch break..safe to say my battery would perform a bit better if it werent for those lol.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat