cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5.0 Lollipop update Power button

Journeyman

5.0 Lollipop update Power button

Okay guys, I need some help. I updated my phone earlier this morning, and all was fine. I noticed some delay when pressing the buttons to unlock my phone. Now when pressing my power button to light up my screen so I can unlock it, it won't light up. I have to hold the power button for the power off options, etc.In order for it to Light up, and even then it acts up. Sometimes I just feel the vibration but it won't turn on immediately. Any suggestions or fixes???

12 REPLIES 12
Master

Re: 5.0 Lollipop update Power button

Did you try a Safe Mode boot? Did you do a Hard Reset after updating? I know it's an inconvenience, but it's the first thing I do with any update of this caliper. Other wise, how will you know if it's the phone, apps or OS?

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Master

Hi BEAST305,

Thank you for reaching out to us at Sprint. We will be happy to assist you. What type of device do you have? Have you power cycled your phone since the update? Let us know we're here to assist.

Thank you,
Michael
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Ok, so I restarted the phone. It said applying update when it booted back up. I have it some time before replying, and it seems to working fine. The delay is still there though. While typing and unlocking my phone. Not sure if that's something I can rid of.

Journeyman

I did restart it. The power button seems to be working fine now. The delay when typing or inputting my pin to unlock my phone is all that remains.

Master

Hello BEAST305,

I'm not seeing that anyone else is complaining about the delay when unlocking the device. I am glad to know that the device is working for you.

Thanks, Sharon Sprint Social Care
Master

BEAST305,

I understand your concern. When you type in the PIN to your device, how long is the delay? Let me know, I'm here to help.

- Erin
Sprint Social Care
GrandMaster

let your battery fully die..leave it dead for a couple minutes..10+ roughly..then go ahead and start charging it..after this update my phone is working much smoother than it did prior..not that it wasnt running smooth before..but its much smoother now..

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Okay, I will try that later on tonight to see if it works.

Journeyman

It's a slight delay. Like one second, or half second delay. Not major, but just makes it feel as if the phone is not running smoothly.

GrandMaster

not that youre supposed to do the full battery dead deal often but unfortunately this is the only true battery pull attempt one of these phones can do since their batteries are built in.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Master

BEAST305,

I understand your concern. If you have any other issues don't hesitate to contact us. We're here to help.

- Erin
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat