cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5/16 - HTC One Software Update 1.29.651.10

GrandMaster

Re: 5/16 - HTC One Software Update 1.29.651.10

this month DOES seem to be the time to bring up petitions everywhere..i petition your right to start a petition

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Master

Check out the thread I put up in Network & Coverage. 

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

Is any one else having trouble installing the OTA update? It downloads fine on my phone, but when I choose to Install Now, the phone reboots and displays a red triangle with a red exclamation point inside of it it. Then, after about 5 minutes it boots, but the update is not installed.

Thanks.

GrandMaster

By chance is your phone rooted ?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

No, it hasnt been rooted. It has been encrypted though. Not sure if would prevent the install.

GrandMaster

It's always possible. I did my download over 3G for giggles to see how long it would take with less than par speeds . Aside from taking forever it went pretty flawless. Have you power cycled the phone yet? The SIM pull

Journeyman

I would not buy this phone. Tmobile users are reporting battery issues after update to JB. Not to mention I would not buy a phone that has a sealed battery)These batteries lose 75% of the charge over 6-7 months and no SD card.  I want local storage. Waiting for the Samsung rugged.  HTC One, I would not pay more for less.

Highlighted
Wizard

Applesux wrote:

I would not buy this phone. Tmobile users are reporting battery issues after update to JB. Not to mention I would not buy a phone that has a sealed battery)These batteries lose 75% of the charge over 6-7 months and no SD card.  I want local storage. Waiting for the Samsung rugged.  HTC One, I would not pay more for less.

1. The HTC One was released with JB.

2. Can you please provide some kinda, maybe a shred of evidence of said loss "75% of charge" in 6-7 months.

Two things tell me you don't actually know what you are talking about.... actually, four because BOTH of my LTE's with sealed and non-accessible (and plenty of other non-removable battery devices) batteries are/were fine after nearly a year and I'm sure it'll be just fine. Loving my HTC One

Master

I have a sealed battery in my LTEVO which has been in use for just about a year now with no issues. Your issues are unfounded when it comes to a sealed battery. I wouldn't hesitate to get another phone with a sealed battery.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
GrandMaster

in case he/she missed the memo

Color: Silver

Specs

Operating system

Android 4.1<<<<<<<<~~~~~~

Battery information

2300 mAh Battery

and

Android 4.1
Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) is the fastest and smoothest version of Android yet. Jelly Bean improves on the simplicity and beauty of Android 4.0, with unparalleled responsiveness, buttery graphics and silky transitions.
^^^ straight off the HTC One page

Master

So anything else noticed about the update? Any new features or something changed that wasn't mentioned on the changelog?

--

GrandMaster

i havent noticed anything different really. at least nothing that sticks out

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat