- New Sprint Zone Client

- Improved Back and Home key sensitivity

Important Notes

- Software version is 1.29.651.10

- Refer to the HTC One Software Updates blog for install instructions

41 REPLIES 41
Highlighted
Master

That means it's all behind the scenes updates rather then in your face updates. Well if you do discover something, share. I know it will be difficult since you only had the phone a couple days before the update, so maybe your just not noticing something if it was in your face. 

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Highlighted
GrandMaster

thats probably a good reason lol...i'll keep my eye out

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

Applesux wrote:

I would not buy this phone. Tmobile users are reporting battery issues after update to JB. Not to mention I would not buy a phone that has a sealed battery)These batteries lose 75% of the charge over 6-7 months and no SD card.  I want local storage. Waiting for the Samsung rugged.  HTC One, I would not pay more for less.

Where did you get the figures for "These batteries lose 75% of the charge over 6-7 months"? I haven't seen any study that reports those figures as typical of all sealed batteries. Out of the millions of batteries "out there" some are bound to fail or decline in quality, but I can't believe the figures you quote are realistic. Please supply a URL for a report that shows those figures. My experience with batteries is quite different. When I upgraded to the HTC One my wife inherited my 4G LTE, which is now a year old and the battery works as well as the day I bought it. At the same time I sold her 3D back to Best Buy. The battery in it was removable, of course, but it was also performing as well as the day I bought it, too, and it was almost 2 years old at the time. Charging was never a problem with either the 4G LTE or the 3D.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm strongly considering the HTC One, the Samsung S4 or the Galaxy Note 2.  I have the EVO 4G LTE and it's OK, but I'd like a phone which could go all day without being plugged in.

I would miss the kickstand, SD card and the dedicated camera button that I have on the EVO 4G LTE.  Also, will Android 4.2.2 be coming to the HTC One?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Before the OTA update, I would get from 7 AM to about 6:30 PM and still have plenty of juice left (about 20%), after the update at 9 PM at night I still have over 25% battery remaining. I don't know what changed but this is the first phone that I have that will easily last All day.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

just about every sprint phone they have had has received 2 OS updates...usually...i think 1 or 2 were bypassed and only got 1 update...

@ JJC-FL

depending on how much i mess with my phone im getting easily a full day out of a charge..until i play some games on lunch lol..then the battery gets zapped pretty quickly...actually now that i think of it even with heavy game play for roughly a hourish im till getting over 12 hours of use before i even think about plugging it in to charge.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

I am having issues installing this recent update (1.29.651.10). When I check for new updates, I have the option of updating from 1.29.651.7 to the most recent one ending in ".10". It will download the file and then asks me to install it..I do, by clicking "install now"..it reboots, then I get a black screen with a cell phone and a red triangle and exclamation mark hovering over it. It stays that way for a few minutes then takes me to the homescreen. I check the software version and it is still the ".7" version.

A few notes: I have not modified or made any type of changes to the phone since I purchased it a few weeks ago. Obviously, aside from personal changes in files like music, wallpapers, etc., the phone is exactly as sent from the HTC factory (I'm assuming of course). I bought the phone at a Sprint store and watched the Sprint rep. open the brand new HTC One case and activate it.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Ps: Also, I chatted with a Sprint rep through this website and they couldn't help so they referred me to a live Sprint rep. at the store. He also couldn't help after working with it for over an hour. My next move, unless you guys can help me avoid it, is to contact HTC and tell them my issues. They may just replace the phone since it's still under manufacturer's warranty.

Thanks again!!!!

Highlighted
Master

Sounds like the phone isn't taking the update correctly. You may have to take the phone to a Sprint Store, have them connect it to a computer and install the update that way.

Another option to try though is to boot to Safe Mode and try to install the update. Most likely you will get the same result. The last thing I would suggest is to do a Cache Wipe, this is not the same as a Hard Reset and doesn't affect any of your apps or files in any way.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks for your reply smotrs. I already took it to as Sprint store. The rep. tried installing it manually but the phone still wouldn't keep the new update. I think HTC is the only answer. But how do you boot to safe mode? It wouldn't hurt to try.

Thanks

Highlighted
Master

Restart the phone as normal. At the first white boot screen, press and hold the Volume Down button until the phone fully boots. You should see Safe Mode in the bottom left corner.

--

Highlighted
Wizard

If safemode doesn't work, you might try to factory hard reset and try to update immediately following without restoring anything from the phone before. WARNING WARNING! BACK UP YOUR PHOTOS and anything else you have on the "SDcard" before doing that.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Ok thank you both smotrs and MROGRS for you suggestions.

Smotrs. I was able to reboot in safe mode and I tried reinstalling the update. I saw a green triangle but for a split second then it changed to that evil red one. Before I talk to HTC I'll try the hard reset like MROGRS suggested.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat