cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android system and phone idle use up most of my battery on my HTC One. Help please!!

Patron

Android system and phone idle use up most of my battery on my HTC One. Help please!!

i have a htc one and when i first got it its battery was really good. if i did not use it it would last hours with 99% battery. even when i used it it took a while for the battery to start draining. after the update i noticed my battery does not last as long. i can barely make through from 7:20 AM to 3:00 PM. that was not the case before the update. Now when i check my battery usage Android system and phone idle take up half of my battery life. is it just my HTC one or is there someone else with this problem? is this problem due to the update or is it just my HTC one? please help..

10 REPLIES 10
Journeyman

Re: Android system and phone idle use up most of my battery on my HTC One. Help please!!

Yes, it is due to the update. Many of us (not all) have been experiencing horrible battery life since the 4.3 update

Patron

Re: Android system and phone idle use up most of my battery on my HTC One. Help please!!

Is there anything the sprint store can do about it or am I going to be stuck with this horrible battery?

GrandMaster

nothing unfortunately..quick question..is your phone set to battery saver mode or no? i switched mine OFF battery saver mode and picked up a few more hours of battery life..the 3 culprits i see on my end were android systems, google services and phone idle. with battery saver mode off it dropped most of those 3 down a bit.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Patron

no my phone is not set to battery saver. will our phones battery life ever come back to normal?

GrandMaster

to be honest i ended up trying out a theory. let your phone die completely a few times (one day full use until dead then charge it fully back up..then use it until its fully dead again if it doesnt hinder you in any way). this is basically like pulling your battery for a few minutes and then powering it back up like the older versions of these phones..then go ahead and run it like you normally would..it made a big difference for me when i tried it out. doesnt resolve WHY it was happening though..but in my case it DID fix it. android systems and google services are running pretty normal again..phone idle is still a mile off...but at least battery life has improved..i also recommend running it on battery saver mode after doing this..

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

smartguy_

Thank you for posting and asking about the battery life of your HTC ONE. It seems our very knowledgeable users have beaten me to the post. At this moment, there is not a work around for this situation. Rest assured, we will be on the case and provide steps to remedy this issue.

*David S

Sprint Social Care

GrandMaster

did this work for you at all? post what youre seeing now so others will know to either try this or not.

Patron

no it did not work for me

GrandMaster

couple questions then.

1-how has the reception been around you lately? both voice and data

2-is battery saver mode turned on or off?

3-how many times did you do the full drain and recharge?

Master

smartguy_-

I was reviewing this post and have a suggestion. Have you tried lowering your display brightness and all of the LED notifications? If you slow or limit these settings, this could give you some extra battery time.

I apologize for the issues!

Regards,

William
Sprint Social Care Team

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat