cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else experiencing an echo with their HTC One on voice calls?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Anyone else experiencing an echo with their HTC One on voice calls?

I have echo issues in my HTC One. My voice echoes back to me on calls, whether using bluetooth or the phone itself. It wasn't always like this. Any ideas?

Tags (4)
28 REPLIES 28
GrandMaster

Re: Anyone else experiencing an echo with their HTC One on voice calls?

does this happen everywhere or just in certain locations (home, work, etc)?

i havent noticed any issues with calls at all...

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Home on Airave, in the car on bluetooth, etc. I just applied the latest phone update, and the problem seems to have gone away. We'll see if it stays gone.

GrandMaster

odd..did it ever change up if you turned the in call volume down lower? actually if you were using a in ear bluetooth set up then it shouldnt have mattered how high or low the volume was anyways..hmm

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Thanks for your replies, fireguy_6364. I had tried changing the in call volume, but it didn't seem to make much of a difference. Anyhow, it's a hide-and-watch game at this point. If the echo comes back, I'll report it here.

Wizard

JasonHaxton,

Thanks for the post. Have you tried to power cycle the device? This could help. You can try to do a PRL update as well but I dont suggest doing it to often.

Victor

Sprint Social Care

GrandMaster

yah no worries..i dont remember having anything like this pop up before i did the update either..i had that issue for the short period of time i had the S4 though..but that phone was all whacked out anyways..hence me now having the One lol. post if the problem comes back and between the techs and other customers we will eventually narrow it down.

Journeyman

Yes, I have noticed it (glad to know I am not the only one)

From what I have observed, the echo is more pronounced when two way audio is happening. That is,  if you say something at the same time the party at other end is talking or some background noise comes in as the other party is talking. I have reproduced couple time by just saying a word when the other end is talking. It still happened after the upgrade.

=Z

GrandMaster

does changing the in call volume make any difference for you? it didnt for the OP but you might as well start with the basics of troubleshooting and move up from there...what zip and state do you guys live in by the way?

Journeyman

Thanks, Capt. I had done the basic troubleshooting... reboot... power off and let it sit a while... volume control. None of that worked, but I haven't heard it since applying the update.

Journeyman

I'm in CA. 95682. Need an Airave in the house to get good signal around here. And no 4G yet

Journeyman

Mine does this on about every 3rd or 4th call.  It seems to be only on calls that I initiate, but I could be mistaken about that.  When it happens, it makes the "phone" part of the smartphone unusable.  It's unbelievably irritating.  I've rebooted phone put it on and off speaker, mute, etc., with no effect.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat