cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery won't charge to 100%

Highlighted
Journeyman

Battery won't charge to 100%

When the green light lights up is shows battery full charge 100% while still plugged in. As soon as I disconnect the charger it drops to 98 and then within a minute drops down to about 92% and stops there, after which it discharges normally. If the phone is powered off while charging and after full charge powered back on, it displays 100% full charge and discharging cycle is normal. I don't know if it started to happen after update of just a coincidence. Any suggestions?   

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
GrandMaster

fully charge the phone..unplug it turn it off and then plug it back in to chage..once showing green again turn the phone on then back off again and fully charge it again until it shows the green...this has been known to work but its for sure not a guaranteed fix or cure..it may or may not work..if it doesnt work the only thing it will have waisted is your time.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

I've updated my profile...PRL and that seems fixed the problem. The battery took full 100% charge. If this happens again, I'll try your suggestion fireguy. Thank you!

Highlighted
Wizard

Vman96,

Thanks for the post. Please let us know if this starts up again, but you should be good now.

Victor

Sprint Social Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

I've updated my profile and that seems fixed the problem. The battery took full 100% charge. If this happens again, I'll try your suggestion fireguy. Thank you!

Highlighted
GrandMaster

also if you post within a actual thread and you get a notification that your post didnt go through...it did..dont hit the retry button again..something is amis with the site lol..going through the communications tab wont get you repeat posts...so that way is safe for now.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

It is weird, I've never seen it's happening to this site. Thanks for advice...lol

Highlighted
GrandMaster

it has happened a few times over the years..they have been running a new set up for a bit now..this would be a first for this to happen with the new set up though..on a positive note at least the private messages are actually able to be viewed and opened every time lol..been one of my complaints for a LONG time now

Highlighted
Wizard

Vman96,

Thanks for the post. Yeah what I have been doing is type your post. Click Add reply button. At this point you will see the pink line saying there was an error, then hit cancel, Refresh your page and your post will be where it should be. Im not sure what is causing this but its site wide. I know the team is working on getting it fixed.

Victor

Sprint Social Care

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat