cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blinkfeed disabled, still using battery

Highlighted
Journeyman

Blinkfeed disabled, still using battery

I removed blinkfeed as my homescreen but it still running in the background and draining my battery.  How do I stop it from running and/or delete it?

5 REPLIES 5
GrandMaster

Re: Blinkfeed disabled, still using battery

you cant delete it but you should be able to disable it through your settings-apps.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Master

BTW, it can no longer be disabled in 4.4.3 on the M8. I imagine the M7 will be the same when you receive it. So to get around it, make sure you do a Clear Data and Clear cache after removing from your homescreen. This will delete any settings for news feeds, social feeds, etc.. and prevent it trying to update.

As Fireguy mentioned though, you should still be able to disable it through Manage Apps > All tab and search for Blinkfeed. Basically, same place you would go to Delete Cache or Data for an App.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Master

smotrs,

Thank you for contributing to our Sprint Community page. We really appreciate your post. Please keep us updated on your service and inform us if you have any questions or concerns.

- JaSherai
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

These suggestions did not solve the problem.  I cannot disable it and it still using battery.

Master

Hello rpgjr,

Thank you for the post. Unfortunately, the blinkfeed app is part of the device and it cannot be removed. You can try to contact HTC to see what they can do to help you with disabling it or stopping the processes.

Hope this helps,
*Heather
Sprint Social Media Care
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat