cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera might be dying

Highlighted
Journeyman

Camera might be dying

Half the time when I try to use my camera the auto focus fails to work and the phone makes a clicking noise. Is this post of the pink color issue with these phones?

22 REPLIES 22
Highlighted
GrandMaster

normally i would say to pull up he camera app in settings-apps-all and clear the data and cache but if its making weird noises you might need a repair tech to look at it.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

The screen also shakes around the edge and will ripple across the screen. I'll clear the data and see if that helps

Highlighted
GrandMaster

yeah try clearing those first..hopefully its just something going wonky with the app itself and not with the camera.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

As soon as I opened the camera back up after clearing data it was screwing up, loss like I'll need to back everything up and visit a store.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

shoot. sorry to hear that..odds are they will want to do a factory reset on it. you can back it up and do this on your own or if youre not comfy doing it they can..odds are this is the route they will take

Highlighted
GrandMaster

out of curiosity have you updated any apps or added any apps prior to having this problem? try this just in case..you'll have to google how to do it..im space casing it right now..but boot the phone into safe mode..this will shut down all 3rd party apps..then try again..if it still messes up then its for sure something with the camera itself..if it works then there is probably a rogue app messing it up.

Highlighted
Journeyman

It's any app that uses the camera. I did try the safe mode but it disabled messages which is my primary means of communicating. So I can't leave it in safe mode long enough to actually test if it is an app since it seems to randomly do it.there was still the clicking noise from the top speaker when I was trying to test it but the screen was too dark to tell if the screen was wobbling.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

it might just be something loose internally if its a bit random. normally i wouldnt suggest it but have you shook the phone around a bit side to side up down etc to see if you can get it to bump around in there?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have but it did nothing, I think it's the focus hardware giving issue. Or it's an issue with firmware level code for the camera specifically.... But all pictures are slightly out of focus and get grainy at lower levels of light.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

i havent messed with my M7 in a pretty long while. might have to check it out (charge it since its by far dead right now lol) and do all the current updates that it has missed.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Oh and safe mode is hold the power off button on the power menu. I'm possibly going to talk with a Sprint repair person here in a few and see what they say about it.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat