cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera not working since Lollipop update

Highlighted
Patron

Camera not working since Lollipop update

Ever since I updated my HTC one M7 to Lollipop my camera doesn't open, I click on it and the screen goes black for a split second and returns to the home screen, no error message or anything. If I open snapchat it immediately says that its unable to open the camera and that I will need to force close it. I have gone into apps and force closed it and cleared out the cache. Still not working. Some help on this would be greatly appreciated

9 REPLIES 9
Master

Re: Camera not working since Lollipop update

chetdavis

Have you attempted to complete a master reset on the device? If not, I strongly recommend you doing a reset. Please let us know if you continue to have issues with the device after the reset.

Jameel
Sprint Social Care
Patron

Yes, didn't fix issue

Master

chetdavis -
We'd like to further assist you and take a look at your account to see what we can do to resolve this. Please follow this link to send us a private message http://bit.ly/1qQty1X . Looking forward to hearing from you.
- Alvaro
Sprint Social Care
GrandMaster

full Factory Reset correct? sorry..many confuse what reset theyre talking about so had to ask.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Patron

Yes I did a full factory reset and it didn't correct it

Master

chetdavis,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue since the update. Could you take the device into a service and repair center so that they can diagnose and notate the camera issue you are experiencing. Thank you.

- Bran
Sprint Social Care
GrandMaster

did you test it before or after you added back all your apps and such?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Patron

I tried it before restoring apps, since I reset it for the camera, it was the first thing I checked

GrandMaster

honestly i think you only have 2 options..make a claim with asurian or contact HTC and see what they can do for you. i would go to HTC first for sure though.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat