cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error message popups, battery life nil

Highlighted
Journeyman

Error message popups, battery life nil

I'm getting constant popups on my HTC One that Amazon has become unresponsive, would I like to send a report, or Chrome is unresponsive, or Camera is unresponsive, and so one.  The battery also drains very quickly.  I took it to the Sprint store and they wouldn't look at it because they said they'd have to remove all of my photos and personal information and they couldn't back it up for me (random--especially since my photos are backed up to Google Plus), so I feel like I'm stuck with this aggravating phone that I stupidly got on the "easy pay" plan that isn't even paid for yet.  I already have the backlight turned down and various power-saving things going (I will go to bed with the phone at, say, 50%, and if it's not plugged in, it will be dead by morning), is there anything else I can do to conserve the battery and what can I do to get these popups to stop? 

9 REPLIES 9
Master

Re: Error message popups, battery life nil

jenniferspugh - I sincerely apologize for this experience. If you have already downloaded a task manager, and it didn't work then your battery may need to be checked. When the apps on the device become unresponsive you would need to do a factory reset, after all other troubleshooting steps fail. Have you tried any other troubleshooting steps? - Erica Sprint Social Care
GrandMaster

are you able to do anything with the phone or does it lock up and you cant go through say your settings or anything like that?

you might start off by doing a cache wipe on the phone..not the easiest the first go around but its for sure a better start that doing a Factory Reset on the device and wiping everything..that should be your last resort anyways.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I agree with fireguy.  The first thing you should try is to wipe the system cache.  It made a big difference on my phone, especially concerning battery life.  You can find instructions on how to do it at Re: Lollipop upgrade on new HTC One M7 .  Just be patient after selecting the recovery option.  The screen will remain off for almost a minute before the second screen will display.  Unlike doing a factory reset this will not wipe any of your photos or other data.

GrandMaster

i was going to type out how to do it but its a bit long winded and im feeling lazy today lol..thanks for posting the link to the directions.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Hi all; Thank you for all of your responses.I just did the cache partition wipe; no dice. The phone doesn't lock up, I just hit "OK" to get out of it, but it's for stuff I'm not even using...just now I got an "Unfortunately, YouTube has stopped."  Ok, that's nice, phone. Overall, the system just lags. The screen takes a minute to go from portrait to landscape orientation, or respond to touch.  

GrandMaster

go into the play store and see if you have a ton of apps trying to update all at once..also check to see if the apps giving you issues are in need of updating..more than likely with some of those theyre no longer compatible with the new Lollipop update and are in dire need of a update.

GrandMaster

worst case scenario go into your settings-backup-reset. make sure youre connected to wifi and back up your device then reset the badboy..again this is worst case scenario seeing as how diong a Factory Reset isnt always at the top of everyones "fun things to do today" list.

Journeyman

The apps are all pretty much up to date; they started updating right after the system update.  :/  I think I'll just suffer through it for a little while longer.  My husband is up for a new phone and he isn't really a technology person, so we'll just reset this one and he can have it and I'll get something else. My company is a BYOD place and hooking it up for email and our security stuff is a PITA.

GrandMaster

lol reset it and throw some random games on it..us guys are pretty simple..mind distracting stuff is always a good start..find a fishing game or something lol.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat