cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extremely poor call quality- people cannot hear me and call cuts out

Patron

Extremely poor call quality- people cannot hear me and call cuts out

I've had the HTC one since late April and cannot even use the phone for voice calls.  I can hear people fine on my end, but the person I am talking to cannot hear me.  I have to constantly repeat myself and it is extremely frustrating.  And I know my signal is not the issue because this happens on a constant basis.  Is anyone else having this problem?  And if so how did you fix it?  Unfortunately I am out of my 14 day return period so I will probably have to contact HTC for warranty assistance.

29 REPLIES 29
Highlighted
GrandMaster

Re: Extremely poor call quality- people cannot hear me and call cuts out

to be honest i would post your zip code and the cross streets to where you see this the most..it sounds more like a reception/network issue than an actual phone issue.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Patron

I know it is not related to the network because it is a permanent problem.  I just drove from Orlando to St. Louis and couldn't even use the phone.  Went to sprint store and they were no help, told me to call HTC customer support.  Called HTC support and I have to send the phone in for a repair.  It is a microphone issue.  I must have gotten a lemon.  So if anyone else has this problem beware!

Highlighted
GrandMaster

did the store perform any test for the mic? and does it stay the same when you switch the phone into speaker phone mode or does it improve? there is actually a key combonation deal you punch in that will bring up a diagnostics page to test pretty much everything on the phone..its fully up to you if you want to check it out of course..

Internal Device HTC Diagnostic Menu

only phone this hasnt been varafied on was the EVO LTE..

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Patron

The store didn't do any diagnostic tests.  The problem seems to somewhat go away on speaker phone and when I use headphones with a mic the problem completely goes away and people can hear me fine.  Thank you for the link to the diagnostics I will look into that.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

with that im going out on a limb here but im guessing the internal speaker is either cracked or about to..ever hear a blown speaker and how it sounds? same scenario here but in a smaller version..youre hearing the feedback from that speaker. i had the same type of thing happen when i had the S4...excess feedback while on speaker phone mode..the caller on the other end could actually hear it..more often than not they thought i was in a bar and that was all the background noise lol

Highlighted
Wizard

alecmichael

Thanks for reaching out. I am sorry you are going through this. Were you able to send the device to HTC? We are here for you! Keep us updated.

Thanks,

Josmary

Sprint Social Care

Highlighted
Patron

I sent the phone back to HTC today so I will be eagerly anticipating getting the phone back.  I will post the results and the outcome in case others are having this issue

Highlighted
Wizard

alecmichael

Thanks for the Reply.  We would highly appreciate to hear about the outcome.  We value your business. If you have any questions or concerns, we are here for you.

Thanks,

Josmary

Sprint Social Care Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

This may not be your problem, but I had a similar issue.

Turns out I was placing my pinky over the microphone to better hold this larger phone. Again, I'm probably the only person who did that 🙂

Highlighted
Patron

Got the phone back from HTC and it is working like a charm now.  They replaced a piece called the rigid flexboard and the battery cover.  So this is a hardware problem and If it happens to you the phone needs to be repaired

Highlighted
Wizard

alecmichael

Thanks for letting us know. I am happy the problem is now resolved. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns, we are here for you.

Thanks

Josmary

Sprint Social Care Team

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat