cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frustrated with HTC One

Highlighted
Patron

Frustrated with HTC One

I Just upgraded from the Samsung Epic to the HTC one. I like the phone except for one glaring flaw... You cannot receive mms messages like very other phone. When you receive a pic it is from "9000" and you have to go to some picture mail link to get a tiny over compressed image. I tried to download a third party messaging app (ChompSMS) because I found this is a known issue. You still have to go to this picture mail link, but the message is a little better quality. I think it is an HTC issue and have addressed them also but I wanted to put it out there because I believe it is something Sprint should inform you about before selling you a $200 device that has a basic function which is almost unusable, inferior, and inconvenient. I regularly receive pictures from family members and this is one of the primary reasons I picked up this phone instead of the IPhone. My old Epic could receive MMS pictures just fine btw along with iPhone 4s, and a 5 year old Palm Pre. I hate that this function does not work properly on this phone.

8 REPLIES 8
GrandMaster

Re: Frustrated with HTC One

this must be something on your end of things. i receive all my mms messages just fine without having to go anywhere else to pull them up. im guessing something hasnt been set up as of yet on the phone. i'll do a test in a sec to see if its only happening with the stock messaging app itself or not.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
GrandMaster

came through just fine using the stock app for me. something else is affecting you with this one. what im not sure though..you have set everything up already correct? google accounts and the works? it could also end up being something under your account as well that is causing this..for that one of the techs will have to look into it on their end.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Wizard

Might check your MMS Settings.

GrandMaster

them...not me...worked fine with both handcent AND the stock messaging app for me...could always be a setting under their account that was changed for some reason as well when they upgraded..rare but not unheard of

Patron

THis is what comes through

Patron

THank you so much! i called Sprint and they were able to refresh my connection and it works great now! You were very helpful.

Journeyman

Try this:  On the Messages screen, tap the three black squares that are lined up in a row vertically > Settings > Multimedia messages (MMS).  Is the Auto-retrieve option on or off?  If it is off, turn it on.  Turning off the Auto-retrieve option is a feature that allows anyone concerned about the size of data downloads to wait until they have a WiFi signal to download pictures/videos.  Luckily, with Sprint, this isn't a concern, since we have unlimited data.  However, for those people who are with other carriers and have a data cap, they might want to clear Auto-retrieve.  Hope this is the problem.

GrandMaster

if they did a network reset this is something you can do yourself through your phone. type in ##72786#..hit menu (top right) then hit reset...it actually works better doing it through your handset than through their computer..downfall to this is if youre having a tower issue this will resolve nothing.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat