cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC M7 Crash when replying in Exhange 2016

Highlighted
Journeyman

HTC M7 Crash when replying in Exhange 2016

I have this error this morning that says, Unfortunately, mail has stopped.  This only happens when I respond to or forward from HTC Exchange mail.  I can read the email on both exhange accounts but then I hit the reply or forward button, I get the error.

Its been flawless for 2.5 years. 

I saw yesterday there was an update to HTC sense home I believe or something similar, thats the only thing I can think caused this.

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
GrandMaster

Re: HTC M7 Crash when replying in Exhange 2016

you might need to clear the data and cache on the app itself. what all have you attempted so far to troubleshoot it?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Thanks for replying

I have rebooted

I have cleared cache partition

I have cleared cache from app, clear data and defaults

I have uninstalled accounts and re-set them up, I can once again get emails

but when I reply, I get the crash message

I have also looked for other processes that mail may use and cleared cache to no avail.

So random, after all this time.  Like I said, yesterday there was a HTC Sense update and ever since, its acted up.

Appreciate any thoughts

GrandMaster

im willing to bet the app itself is in need of an update. since the manufacturers are starting to do the app updates solo now it in a way makes sense...no pun intended.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

True,

Thank goodness its not my only method for getting emails but just is a pain knowing it crashes.

At least I can read them for now

Thank you

GrandMaster

no worries. never used exchange before on any of my HTC phones. its basically linking up multiple email accounts correct? if so disable it and try a different one..if it works with the different one you know where the issue is at.

Journeyman

Right.

I think my trusty M7 has served me well and it might be time to upgrade.

I dont use exchange that much, but every now and then, check and today I noticed the issue.

Might try another app like K9 and test.

Thanks

FireGuy

GrandMaster

no worries. there are very few stock apps i will actually use. heck i ran handcent for my messaging app every since the original Evo days..up until recently its worked like a charm. cant say the same for the stock app though lol.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat