cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC ONE Camera Issue: Pink and Blue Screen

Journeyman

HTC ONE Camera Issue: Pink and Blue Screen

With the recent update to 4.3, the pink/blue screen on the HTC One Camera has become very prevalent in low-light situation. I contacted THREE separate Sprint Stores and none where able to assist. Two Repair Centers, one in Northridge, CA and one in Newbury Park, CA stated that a "refurbished" replacement can be ordered. This is very disheartening since the phone has been in my possession for only Three/Four Months. It is a manufacturer issue and not caused by the user. A replacement unit should be provided and not a "refurbished". Having a "lemon" for a phone and not having the ability to utilize it for the full capability is utterly woeful.

7 REPLIES 7
GrandMaster

Re: HTC ONE Camera Issue: Pink and Blue Screen

what version of phone do you have? settings-about...should be right there at the top. im not seeing any of this either before the update or after...im also running a V4..i have noticed others having this issue as well and if memory serves it was with the V3 devices..mind checking and then posting please which you have.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Im currently running Hardware Version "0004" and Software Version "3.04.651.2"

GrandMaster

shoot..same version as myself and you have the latest of updates...if you havent messed with any of the settings within the camera app im really not sure. have you taken it down to a corp repair store yet and had them look into it?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Two Seperate Repair Sprint Repair stores and none of them knew what the issue was. Ive contancted HTC and advised me to run some diagnosistic, but that didnt fix it. You are not experiencing this issue? if you turn on you camera on and place it on flat surface, what color will your screen turn?

GrandMaster

turns solid black for me..no other color hues in there..any more solid black and the phone would be off lol.

Journeyman

I am on my third HTC One. The first had focus issues. Pics beyond 5' were blurry. Phone was sent to the HTC repair center and when I received it back it had the same problem. The Second HTC One had the purple haze problem with indoor pictures. HTC tried to tell me that both of these problems would be corrected with SW updates which I think is BS. I think the only fix to either of these problems is a phone replacement and I agree that the replacement should not be a "refurbished" phone but rather a new replacement. I especially feel this way after sending my first phone off for repair and getting back a supposedly repaired phone with the same problem. The HTC One is a great phone, but HTC obviously has issues with the camera HW components of this phone.

GrandMaster

the problem is narrowing down what the cause is..and why its only affecting some phones and not all of them. usually you'll see a link between phones..versions..etc..in this case there is no link that i have noticed so far..

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat