cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC ONE M8 (2014)

Journeyman

HTC ONE M8 (2014)

I know that both Verizon and at least T-Mobile are getting the new HTC ONE M8, which is slated to be introduced tomorrow (25th). Verizon is touting that this phone may be available day of introduction and possibly the same for T-Mobile. Is Sprint getting this phone? I havent seen that it is announced so my guess is the Sprint admins will give little to no info but just thought Id check. Im really anxious for this phone and want it asap. I do not want the S5 (really this phone is a marginal upgrade from S4) and I am not waiting until October for the Note 4. Thanks!

Tags (3)
62 REPLIES 62
Wizard

Re: HTC ONE M8 (2014)

Yes Sprint should be getting the New HTC One now rather they will be able to offer it as soon as Verizon is saying they will is another thing. My guess is Sprint will probably not have the device out for sale until the first week or second week of April.

GrandMaster

new HTC One? im guessing the same ordeal as with the S4? the earlier released phone isnt tri band but the later released phone is?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Wizard

Rest easy.

Its been reportedly seen in internal Sprint systems. So yes it is coming. I'm sure the release date will come tomorrow.

Wizard

My guess is you can probably pre-order tomorrow but I think it will be sometime in April before anyone has one in their hands but we will see.

Journeyman

I am very surprised that HTC aligned themselves with Verizon for an exclusive unveil in the US market. Two reasons.. First Sprint has been extremely loyal to the HTC, remember the EVO Line. Second, Verizon turned their backs on HTC taking the ONE one months after its debut on Sprint.

Glad to know it's coming, but a shame that Sprint's not putting on the party, cuz you know that show would be jumping!

Woot, woot!

Wizard

HTC just announced you can get the New HTC One in the store at Verizon BUT you can order one online today from all the other carriers.

Journeyman

I just ordered mine.  Was surprised when they said it would ship within 2-5 days.  I thought I was just pre-ordering it, and it would ship when the exclusivity deal ended with verizon (spits on ground).

Update: UPS has it Out For Delivery today.  A day and a half wait is not bad at all.  Shiny new phone when I get home from work....

Master

Hey Folks, if you didn't already see, pre-ordering started today for the HTC One M8.  Check out the story here: http://newsroom.sprint.com/news-releases/ordering-begins-today-for-new-htc-one-m8-from-sprint.htm

Let us know if you have other questions,

*Christy

Sprint Social Care Team

Highlighted
Wizard

I tried calling in to sprint about doing the easy pay since I am not eligible for upgrade yet, they directed me to call a store or go to a store - called a sprint store and they told me to go online, went online and all I see is the full price upgrade option.

What now? All I want to do is try and do easy pay for the new phone...?

Master

riley_tommy
We are sorry to hear about this. When you are shopping for devices, are you logged into your account on Sprint.com? When you are selecting the device, click on "device details". On that page you should have the option to select Easy Pay or the 2 year service agreement. If you are still seeing the issue, we would advise going into your local Sprint store.
-Patrick
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I'm having the same issue.  I'm on a framily plan and have easy pay.  I called in to care twice.  First I was told the device isn't available for easy pay.  The second time, they tried to order it for in store pickup.  I had to explain that wasn't an option as the device will not be in store for a few weeks yet.  I went into a corporate store to confirm I was set up for easy pay and was told I was eligible and should be able to process online.

I am only presented with a full price option on Sprint.com unless I am ordering a new line.  I don't want a new line, though.  I want to upgrade an existing line.

The Sprint press release here says that "Sprint customers can purchase HTC One (M8) today at www.sprint.com or by calling 1-800-SPRINT1. With Sprint Easy Pay, well-qualified buyers can purchase HTC One (M8) with $0 down (plus tax) and 24 monthly payments of $27.09. The device will be available in Sprint retails stores beginning in early April."

I am only presented with the full priced option online and when I called in, I was told (twice) that the device cannot be purchased over the phone.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat