cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC ONE M8 (2014)

Master

Re: HTC ONE M8 (2014)

RyanOsborne75

Thanks for that information we will be looking out for your PM. Sorry for the confusion. Looking forward to assisting.

*Erica
Sprint Social Care
Master

UH60-JAMES,

I apologize for the misinformation. At this time Easy Pay upgrades are not supported on Sprint.com. Currently Easy Pay on Sprint.com is only available for new lines.

*Jathen
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I've been having the same issue.  Basically, it seems like the easy pay option is only available for the m8 for new customers, not current customers.  Current customers that want to use easy pay will probably have to wait until it arrives in store in "early April"  (not even an exact date when they should be available).  Until then, pay full price or wait.  The odd thing is that it seems that the website is perfectly capable of of processing easy pay for new customers according to reports, but not current customers.  Is that intended?  OR something that will be fixed later?  If it's some coding oversight, so be it, if it's intended, they need to be more explicit for the reasoning, and not give people false expectations about being able to order the phone earlier without paying full price.

Journeyman

Sammael7, unfortunately this is not the first time Sprint has presented conflicting information on different sections of the website.  Too many different departments that don't talk to each other I suppose.  Pretty insulting that they don't have a system in place that allows current customers to be able take advantage of Easy Pay for a phone that is only (currently) available online.

Wizard

People might want to Wait until it's your regular upgrade time instead of getting stuck with a Easy Pay for 24 months having that extra fee going on your bill. If you wait you can just pay for the device at a lower price and Not be stuck with 24 months of payments. Heck there will be another HTC One out again probably this time next year and people will still be paying payments for the last one with 12th months to go. Then what do another Easy Pay for the New One next year this time then you have another 24 months of payments. This is why I'm waiting until my next upgrade is available that way I'm not stuck with payments this is something that many are not thinking about ahead of time..

Journeyman

ShipWreck, I don't think Sprint will admit it but I believe they are trying to do away with subsidized devices completely.  At some point I think Easy Pay and paying full price will be the only options.  I totally get your point but another thing to consider is that if you have bought up to the unlimited data for $20 you also get yearly Easy Pay upgrades, once you make 12 payments you trade in the phone and get in a new one then repeat the process.  This totally works for me because I like having the newest tech and also find that Sprint phones don't hold value as well as GSM phones so I really don't care about actually owning the phone and being able to sell it when I upgrade.

Wizard

You will Always have the option to upgrade at the end of your 2yr commitment so at that point like always you can upgrade and pay for the device then with a discounted price for doing another 2yr commitment. Easy Pay is just a way to let you upgrade your early is all and all the other carriers now are offering a early upgrade so this is nothing new but my point is it's better off to wait until your regular upgrade is due that way your not making payments is all. So for example when I do my normal upgrade I will probably pay between $149-199 for the device. But the Easy Pay might work for some if they want the device now or who just have one device to upgrade.  But I will wait due to there will be another device out again with in the 24 months probably this time next year and I don't want to be stuck paying extra on my bill every month. Plus I will have 3 to upgrade at some point as well.. 

Journeyman

"You will Always have the option to upgrade at the end of your 2yr commitment so at that point like always you can upgrade and pay for the device then with a discounted price for doing another 2yr commitment."

That is your opinion, not fact.  Just like what I said was opinion, not fact.  I am basing my opinion on information from another site where a few rep's had information that subsidies where set to stop on March 14th but that date was pushed back due to issues with national retailer systems and training.  Also look at the push stores are making to get people off of the traditional contract plans.

Wizard

No its a fact UH60-James I have always upgraded my devices this way for years so you can still do it this it all depends on how you choose to do it but this always been a option. I did the same thing last year as well to get the HTC One M7 when it came out so it can be done.  Only thing that all carriers started doing over the last 6 months which T-Mobile kind of started with Jump then everyone else jump on board is creating their own early upgrade plans until then most people had to wait until their 2yr commitment was up. Now if again people choose to they can upgrade early but you can choose not to and wait like before and upgrade when your commitment is up.  So you can't always go by what other reps say do to some have not been given the most current information like others this is part of the reason why people sometimes get different answers for things. Now as far as peoples contract goes that will always vary from person to person in most cases if people are on a current type of plan they will let you keep your plan. There are some things that no carrier can force you to do due to there are FCC regulations that prohibit certain things.  So again it always comes down to what people choose to do.

Journeyman

I realize that it has been available in the past but you cannot possibly be certain it will continue to be available in the future.  The FCC cannot prevent Sprint from telling customers we will not enter into a 2 year contract with you, that is how subsidies can be killed.  But for the sake of just stopping this let me say this:  Ok man, whatever you say, I believe you.

Wizard

Well you can believe what you want but I have a good understanding of how the system works again I don't know it all but these are some basic things all carriers do. It comes down to how everyone chooses to do their upgrades and what kind of plan they are on so forth.  A 2yr commit will probably never change and only time I see a carrier not entering in a 2yr contract with someone would be they have bad credit or they just can't pay their bill. Yes carriers do change their plans but most of the time the plans are similar with the same features so forth just with a different name is all. But point here withs early upgrades it's simple you can wait and pay $150-$199 or choose to make payments for 24 months. So it just depends on how soon you want the device and what to pay extra on your bill monthly when new devices are coming out about every 12-15 months.Either way we all get what we want which is a newer version of the device so we all win. So I'm not disagreeing with some of the things your saying but again hope you get your new One lets us know what you think. 

Journeyman

Assuming you get enough people into a framily plan, sprint has essentially decoupled the phone subsidy and your total monthly bill, because of that, full price or easy pay will likely be the main way to finance the phone.

It may seem like you are "stuck" if you want a new device after a year or want to switch carriers or whatnot, but in the old system, the base rates being paid per month were usually higher to compensate for the phone upgrades, not to mention you STILL had to fork over 200+ for flagship phones on top of the increased monthly rates.

This will be cheaper in the long run, as you can use phones over a longer period, and get cheaper bills, or just upgrade to a cheaper phone and get a lower monthly rate than before.  Before all that, whether you got a basic smartphone or a top end one, the monthly rate was the same.

I have the HTC One m7 already, the phone itself is fine, but I live in the Los Angeles area and sprint spark is available NOW.  I wanted to get a phone that can tap into all THREE of sprints LTE bands, not just the 1900MHz AWS spectrum.  I want that spectrum in the lower 800 MHz range so I get get better connectivity while indoors, and the higher frequency for faster speeds when connectivity is good (higher frequencies are said to be able to carry more data).  I have to travel all around Los Angeles for my job, and you all know how sprints coverage can be.  Like a map of swiss cheese, full of holes.  I want the best radio in a phone I can get, hence my desire to upgrade as soon as possible, and not wait another year.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat