cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC One 4.3 Upgrade without issues

Journeyman

HTC One 4.3 Upgrade without issues

I know that on forums like this people typically post when they have issues and very infrequently visit or post comments when things are going good.  My question is, has anybody experienced a 4.3 upgrade on the HTC One without all of these problems that have been mentioned on this forum?  Could these problems be associated with a corrupted update or does the 4.3 SW have issues that all phones upgraded will be plagued with?

23 REPLIES 23
Highlighted

Re: HTC One 4.3 Upgrade without issues

Good morning,

Anytime a major software is released, such as the one for the HTC One, can run into concerns with the software. While the software goes through major testing before it is released, all problems cannot be identified till the software is out there to the consumers. Usually, an additional update is also pushed out to fix any bugs they may have been identified after the initial release. Not all devices are impacted. You are correct, usually forums are used to notify the companies of concerns consumers are having and rarely consist of good reviews. If you do have concerns, reporting them to us or to the manufacturer, can help us to come to a resolution as quickly as possible.

Are you have software release concerns with your device currently? Please let me know, I would like to help.

Thanks so much,

*Heather

Sprint Social Media Care

GrandMaster

it always seems to be hit and miss with the reported issues..keep in mind that when these updates are originally tested its on phones that are bare stock..no 3rd party apps..nothing..so normally a lot of the issues are due to other things on the phone..normally if it ends up being a corrupt update or files being put into the wrong areas by the phone a Factory Reset will cure it..in this case most have attempted this and no changes have happened..im holding back on doing the FR..for the time being my phone is operational ..battery life is down but i can live with it for now..i'll hold off until they kick out a fix and then make a decision from there if all the issues havent been fixed with that.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Sprint Product Ambassador

Thanks for the added info. I wouldn't say our devices are bare stock, no 3rd party apps. We (Sprint) do add some customization to the build. But yes, we regression test and validate on device with no additional 3rd party apps and then use employee (real device users) to perform real-world validation before we finalize code.

I've personally loaded the 4.3 Jellybean update to my HTC One with zero issue what so ever. I have not personally seen any of the reported issues in this community. But that's why we have this community is for feedback and sharing.

Thanks for posting and being Sprint customers!

Sprint Product Ambassador and Sprint employee --

All opinions and views are my own. But I'm usually pretty funny and totally on point because I'm humorous and a smart guy, not just a pretty face.
Wizard

i have zero issues on a stock non rooted sprint htc one. had it since launch day. this device keeps getting better and better.

GrandMaster

oddly enough i have only spotted a handful of customers that have reported not having any issues..which im not sure if this includes the new way the reception bars are showing both data AND voice now or not..

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Wizard

many many many users who have success with phone updates rarely post they do (tried and true tested theory over the years), so im not surprised you have not seen a larger number. happens across all phone updates, not just the htc one

these boards are  typically set up to help and support more so than to praise..

GrandMaster

well aware of this..but normally you'll have quite a few people chiming in that their update went smoothly etc etc..goes with the territory when you have so many people posting about the need for a phone update or they will leave and go to another carrier lol...are you not seeing the odd reception bar readings? no drop in battery life? the prox sensor  sensitivity?

GrandMaster

Known issues after 4.3 update

i have always wanted to figure out why when a issue does happen with a update why its always the same ones spotted...but not all phones are affected ...its either there or not..its not the phone versions...i already ruled that one out..and the liklehood that everyone is running a certain app that has jinxed up the update for us is a bit slim..then again i guess its my turn to run into issues with updates..my original evo ran like a champ after every update it received...guess i was past due lol

Journeyman

Just thought that I should reply to my first post since I was expressing concern regarding performing a SW update on my HTC One.   Well finally after getting tired of receiving phone SW update requests, I decided to roll the dice and try my odds at a successful update.  Last night I performed an HTC Backup and then performed a factory reset, booted the phone backup and peformed the upgrade, reset the phone one more time and then reloaded apps and phone infomation.  All seems to be working great without any problems.

Good morning 1electron,

I am glad to hear that the update did go through for you succesfully. Please feel free to reach out if you need anything.

Thank you much,

*Heather
Sprint Social Media Care

Journeyman

I have tried everything to try and remedy my problems and nothing has worked. Is sprint ever going to release what needs to be an obvious bug fix. I cannot and have ht been able to access WiFi for almost a month now

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 10:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat