cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC One Back Button Issue

Journeyman

HTC One Back Button Issue

My HTC has had the Smith Expired message and I have been following the discussions about it here. This morning my phone has a new trick rendering it useless. It acts as if the back button is constantly being pressed and the phone is hot to the touch. I am waiting for my local Sprint store to open but wondered if anyone else has had this issue. I am not happy at all with this phone as it is only 6 months old.

2 REPLIES 2
Master

Re: HTC One Back Button Issue

Tmeehan,

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear that you're having an issue with the phone. Taking the phone to a Sprint Service & Repair store is the best thing to do. Keep us posted.

- Marie
Sprint Social Care
GrandMaster

Re: HTC One Back Button Issue

need to know some info.

is this happening while the phone is plugged in and charging?

did anything update last night?

if none of those then wake the phone up and long press the power button until it pulls up a notification..keep holding it until it shuts itself down..then let go..while its still restarting double check to make sure there is NOTHING on your screen that could be causing this..once it restarts go into settings-apps-all and locate smith..force stop it then go down and clear the data and defaults..back out of there and locate the app that is just a bunch of letters that starts with a Q..do the same to that and then go ahead and back all the way out..you shouldnt see this pop back up until you restart your phone again.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat