Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC One Camera - Blurry Photos

Journeyman

HTC One Camera - Blurry Photos

I've had my phone since July 15th after asking for "the best camera option" First 15-days, no problems. Then the camera started to be blurry spontaneously a month ago. I thought it was user error. Then the past week and a half I have not been able to take a clear shot. Not one! This is daytime, nighttime, inside, or outside; lighting doesn't matter. I went to the Sprint store last night and since I am outside my 14-day trial period I cannot switch phones. I have insurance, but I have to pay for a new phone. Even though this is a factory problem. It has to be. I've seen other people posting about this issue and there aren't any updates or any other correspondence from Sprint other than "we're sorry" and "we're waiting for an update".

The format is great, but the call quality and camera are a disaster. When is someone going to get an update about this issue? I use this camera for my job; required since I travel a lot. The Galaxy S4 is looking a lot better than the HTC One at the moment, and I really want to switch, but I'm not willing to shell out more money that's a hardware problem I didn't contribute to.

IMAG2191.jpgIMAG2213.jpg

15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted

Re: HTC One Camera - Blurry Photos

CAROLINE4LC-

Greetings and thanks for the post! These photos leave a lot to be desired! I've had some hands on with the HTC One Camera and have been pretty impressed. Please don't take this the wrong way, but have you tried upping the camera resolution and making sure that autofocus is turned on?

Thanks in advance for the reply.

-William

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hi William,

It's been reset to factory settings as well as I cleaned the lens (multiple times) with a lens cloth. I wasn't even aware that you can up the camera resolution or change from autofocus.

Highlighted

CAROLINE4LC-

While you're inside of the camera application press the menu button, there should be an option to utilize more mega-pixels. Keep in mind, that if the picture is too large, you may not be able to send it via MMS and may need to be transmitted via email.

Let me know if the option is in there. Also, were you standing still when you took the above photographs?

Thanks,

William

Highlighted
Journeyman

Definitely not an option to utilize more mega-pixels. The below are the options in the menu:

Camera: Front or Main

Photo Capture Mode: Scene, Night, HDR, Sweep Panorama

Video Capure Mode: Scene, slow motion, Fast HD, Video HDR

Settings:

-Self-timer

-Crop

*Video Wuality

*Review duration

*Image adjustmens

*IS

*White balance

*Continuous shooting

*Camera options: Face detection, Auto smile capture, geo-tag photos

*Shutter option

*Lock focus in video

*Grid

*Auto upload

*Reset to default

I was standing still when I took the pictures. I have many more examples if you want. I can also take a video to show how still my hands are if you would like.

Highlighted

CAROLINE4LC-

Thanks for touching base! I'm going to do more research on this and circle back with you.

-William

Highlighted

CAROLINE4LC-

I've been reading some other blogs and found that many users have the night mode disabled and they've found that the quality is improved drastically. Also, are you pressing and holding your finger on the area to focus to take the image?

Let me know if turning night mode off helps.

-William

Highlighted
Master

Another thing to try is a 3rd party camera app, though not sure how it will work with HTC's Ultra Pixel but should be similar. If the 3rd party works fine, then its the default app itself or a setting within. If the 3rd party gives similar result then it's the hardware causing the issue.

We have a similar problem on the LTEVO, though not as drastic as what your getting. In this case, it's the hardware and HTC has acknowledged it to me in emails.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Highlighted
Journeyman

Downloaded the new 4.3 update and I have still not able to focus. 3rd party camera apps have not worked and neither has using the "Night" setting.

Highlighted

CAROLINE4LC-

Thanks for the update and sorry to hear that your camera function is acting wacky! I would maybe suggest a visit to a Service and Repair Center at this point. You can easily locate your closest repair center via www.sprint.com/storelocator. Please let us know how you make out.

Regards,

William

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have already been to a Sprint location. But not only they can't fix the problem, but it is going to cost me more money for a hardware problem that is not at all user error!

I appreciate all of the replies to my issue, but nothing has been able to fix this problem without purchasing a new phone. I find this unacceptable as it is a hardware problem and something I specifically did to the camera.

Highlighted

CAROLINE4LC-

Thanks for the reply. Was the repair center able to duplicate the issue? Are you currently subscribed to TEP?

Thanks-

William

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat