Did you mean: 

HTC One E8 software update - version 3.10.651.6

Journeyman

Features/Enhancements:

• MU upgrade to Android M, will include all current security patch updates

Important Info:

• Phased roll-out of the update starts on 8/17/16 and will be completed by 8/29/16
  • Keep in mind devices receive the update in phases each day. Customer Care cannot tell users when they will exactly get the update.  Please do not call asking.  Thanks
31 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: HTC One E8 software update - version 3.10.651.6

I received the Android M upgrades to my HTC E8 yesterday. Since then I cannot upload or download attachments to text messages. It's only a problem with text. I can upload and download e-mail attachments just fine. Is anyone else having this problem?  Any suggestions on a solution?

GrandMaster

check the play store for updates to all your built in apps...especially the texting app. i know when i did the MM update on my M9 i had a TON of apps to update to make them compatible with MM. might be the issue youre seeing. if its not in there to be updated restart your phone a time or two to see if you can get it to pop up in there.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

After this update I seem to have a problem with sending SMS and MMS. I can receive them, but cannot send them. I just get the error of "Unable to send message".

GrandMaster

same troubleshooting step to you as well. you can also try clearing the data and cache on that texting app itself to see if that will fix it...just keep in mind that you will more than likely loose all your texts in there.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I went to the app store, everything is up to date.

I cleared the cache of my messenger app and phone.

I booted into recovery and cleared the cached partition.

I reset my network settings.

I tried a third party messenger.

I feel the only thing I have not tried is a factory reset, but I would prefer not to do that yet.

Also, it is strange that I can receive them, but I cannot send them.

GrandMaster

its gotta be something within the app itself. everything else is working fine right? calls both incoming and outgoing? data is working fine?

Journeyman

Correct. Everything else is fine.

I thought it was the app as well, but I have tried the HTC Messenger app, Google Messenger app and Hangouts. None of them can send text messages using the SMS or MMS service.

GrandMaster

reason im pointing more at the app and not the phone itself is regular texts are sent using voice packets..so usually if there an issue with calls you will see issues with texts...group texts or MMS are sent using data packets..so same ruling..if data is having an issue so will group/mms..hrm..i wouldnt think the sim card could cause it since its mainly to allow you to use the data side of the network...this also might be one of those bugs that were overlooked before it was kicked out to everyone.

Journeyman

Well, you brought up one item that I have be curious about.

My SIM card reader does not work.

I took it in for repair but since I had a crack in my screen, sprint would not take a look at it.

They told me nothing would be affected by it except I would not get 4G.

This was about a year and a half ago. I have not had any issues at all until I got this update.

I was wondering if the new android has made this statement of nothing would be affected inaccurate.

Still seems strange that I can receive them.

Thanks for all the replies.

GrandMaster

usually if a update comes out and i notice issues the first thing i do is hop over to one of the other carriers sites and see if they have received the update on that same phone and how theirs is doing..helps narrow down if its a wide spread ordeal with the update itself or just on a specific carriers side..took a look at V and didnt even see this phone over there..might not be called the E8 over there though..that part im not to sure of...or if they even picked up this phone or not.

Journeyman

I believe the HTC One E8 is a Sprint exclusive and there are no comparable phones on the other carries.

The closest is the HTC One M8.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 10:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat