cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC One Error Messages

Highlighted
Journeyman

HTC One Error Messages

Since December 23rd, I have been working with Sprint and HTC to try to address multiple error messages on both lines of our account.

Has anyone been experiencing the following error messages?

LTE:ESM 65535

MIP: 65535

LTE: ESM 65541

MIP: 65541

LTE: ESM-0

PRL Update Error: 1012

Troubleshooting with Sprint, we have done multiple factory resets, changed network settings (LTE/CDMA vs CDMA Only), changed SIM cards.

Sprint wireless support advised that these were HTC software error messages.

HTC advises that these are Sprint network error messages.

Has anyone been able to resolve similar issues?

Has anyone been able to get a straight answer out of Sprint or HTC about this issue?

239 REPLIES 239
Highlighted
Journeyman

I just spent a half hour with a very pleasant rep who told me that our issues are very uncommon and that they will work on trying to resolve this issue.

It may take a few days.

Keeping you posted, yitzyym

Highlighted
Journeyman

This morning I am now getting a different error message. It states "Unable to establish a wireless data connection. LTE: EMM-65535." The previous error message has been LTE: ESM-65535.

Highlighted
Master

YITZYYM, 

I wanted to give you another troubleshooting step, not sure if this was done on your end or not yet but I figure we give it a try. Put the phone on CDMA only and while on CDMA do a profile update. You can set back to CDMA/LTE afterwards. Please let us know if that helps. 

Dania

Social Care

Journeyman

Thanks for the advice. I tried that and I still got the error message.

Highlighted
Master

sarniab,

Thanks for posting. I am sorry that you're experiencing an issues with receiving error 65535. I sincerely apologize for any inconveniences this error may be causing you. Have you attempted to updated your profile by dialing ##UPDATE# call? If not, may you try doing so? After you're done, please share the outcome with us.

Thank You,

DePaul W.

Sprint Social Care Team 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Ran ##UPDATE# (##873283#) today. Both the Profile and PRL updated, but I received two error messages after the update, LTE: EMM-0 and LTE:EMM-65535. Yesterday over a chat session with Sprint, they had me verify (again) my SIM and MEID numbers. They did not find any mismatch of the SIM and MEID numbers. Still received the LTE: EMM-65535 error message after chat session with Sprint. Earlier in the day in a chat session troubleshooting with HTC, they advised that these errors seem to indicate that the SIM/MEID link is severed. They had me run a clear cache partition to be sure that any data was cleared from previous updates. In the end they advised that they were going to need to escalate this issue as they did not have a resolution.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

did they by chance mention anything about changing out the sim card by chance?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint did replace the SIM card back in January. HTC did seem puzzled as to why I was receiving these error messages after the recent update to Android 4.4.2.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

hate to say it but have you attempted a factory reset yet? as usual this should be the last ditch effort but this might be your cure all...hopefully...

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

Hi.

Someone from sprint called me today and said that it is my phone and that I should have them reset the phone.  She really didn't  understand English so I asked to speak to a supervisor.  She said that one would call me back. and someone did.

He introduced himself as   a "high up" tech guy at SPRINT and he told me that in my area they are updating the towers and increasing 4G LTE.  It is because of this that we are seeing the errors and that it should be fixed (at least in my area) by July. (JULY?!) In the meantime he said that as we get closer to that date we will see improvements and see fewer errors.  He basically said that we should hang tight and it will work out in the end.

in short, it is a SPRINT issue, and NOT and HTC ONE issue.  Resetting the phone, updating the profile, changing the SIM card, and all the other stuff will not help. At all.

Have a wonderful evening.

yitzyym

Highlighted
GrandMaster

odd that im running a HTC One as well and have been in a onslaught of areas being upgraded and have never ran across these error messages..let alone i have spent a week in a area being upgraded and NEVER got one of these errors...seeing as how there are so many HTC Ones out there not to mention that its safe to say there are quite a few out there that are currently in areas being upgraded..yet not that many in here reporting the errors..

food for thought

i would also like to add that if he was truly a "high up" tech he would have said he was in a specific tier..tier 1 tech support are the lower level guys and gals..you usually get passed on to tier 2 but they are usually reluctant to pass you on to these guys..the majority of the techs in here are tier 2..so your "high up" tech guy could have been their go to for their tier 1 support..

Highlighted
Journeyman

Very interesting YITZYYM...It is clear that same script is being used by Sprint agents. The next step will be to pass you over to HTC. Now when I try to run ##UPDATE#, I get an error message stating that "Your activation cannot be completed. To try again , choose "Update Profile" in the system updates area of settings. If the problem persists, you may need to contact customer service. Error Code 1012.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat