cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC One Error Messages

Journeyman

HTC One Error Messages

Since December 23rd, I have been working with Sprint and HTC to try to address multiple error messages on both lines of our account.

Has anyone been experiencing the following error messages?

LTE:ESM 65535

MIP: 65535

LTE: ESM 65541

MIP: 65541

LTE: ESM-0

PRL Update Error: 1012

Troubleshooting with Sprint, we have done multiple factory resets, changed network settings (LTE/CDMA vs CDMA Only), changed SIM cards.

Sprint wireless support advised that these were HTC software error messages.

HTC advises that these are Sprint network error messages.

Has anyone been able to resolve similar issues?

Has anyone been able to get a straight answer out of Sprint or HTC about this issue?

239 REPLIES
GrandMaster

Re: HTC One Error Messages

your needing to reactivate your phone..the over the air activation didnt work for whatever reason..it could end up being something with your account as well..make sure youre in a area with good reception both data and voice..then put into the dial pad ##873283# and let it do its thing..post what it does

Error Code #1012
Could not prepare services. Please try again later. If the problem   persists, you may need to contact Customer Care.

Your over the air activation did not go through.

Click OK. If the problem persists, contact Customer Care.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Thanks for the feedback, I will give it a shot and post the results.

Last Monday a Sprint agent had me update both the Profile and PRL via WiFi at home, as we could not update over Sprint data.

GrandMaster

it should be a issue with activation..then again they might have had you do the Profile and PRL update to see if your reception would improve..that code i gave you will do both of those as well as the hands free activation...you can always just go in manually and do the hands free activation as well by itself..

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Master

sarniab, 

Thank you for posing and for providing feedback in regards to these error codes. Have you been to a Sprint service and repair center so a technician can run a diagnostic on your device? Please let me know, I look forward to your response. 

Charles G. 

Sprint Social Care Team 

Journeyman

Charles G,

Yes we have had at least seven + visits to the Sprint store in Aurora, IL (Rt. 59) to try and address multiple issues with each HTC One on the account since June 2013.

We have had a total of five factory resets done by Sprint agents on both phones, replaced the SIM card on one phone and have done all updates as instructed by Sprint and HTC.

Since the last HTC software "fix" update done on both phones last week, we are now getting a new error message on one of the phones stating : "The Sprint Default Configuration download has been interrupted. Tap Retry to try again now." When you hit Retry, it just goes back to the same error message. The error message does not clear, even after shutting down the phone.

We are still not able to run either phone on Sprint data without receiving LTE: ESM error messages.

At home, we need to run off of our WiFi to have any hope of updating the Profile or PRL.

My confidence level in Sprint or HTC being able to provide a resolution to address our issues is very low at this time.

Journeyman

Getting another error message this AM, MIP: 65541. Anyone familiar with this?

Journeyman

Just received an LTE: ESM-0 error message, along with a dropped call to our second line.

This is the same error we were receiving pror to the update from HTC last week.

Journeyman

I am also receiving the same error messages:

- EHRPD: 65535

- MIP: 65541

Journeyman

Still getting LTE: ESM 65535 error message.

Does anyone at Sprint have any comment why this error message is still popping up on our phones, even after the last software update from HTC?

GrandMaster

This is all i could locate on this error code..not that it explains anything..

1.  Re: Getting error message all day that states Unable to establish wireless data connection LTE ESM 6...

Hotflash61,

Thanks for the reply.  The best way to be able to restore your HTC One's ability to update profile and PRL is to chat with a HTC Device Support Representative that will be able to guide you through restoring that functionality.  You can reach them via chat through this link:

http://www.htc.com/us/contact/chat/.

one additional thing you might try is to punch into the dial pad ##873283# and let it do the handsfree activation again...it will also do a PRL update while its at it and i believe it does a Profile update as well..but run it through that and see if anything improves. post what you see or what it does.

GrandMaster

after it does the handsfree activation give it a while..it will automatically do the other updates after that..sometimes it takes about a minute for it to pop up and do it..so dont try to do any other updates or open any apps until its fully done.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 10:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat