cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC One Error Messages

Highlighted
Journeyman

HTC One Error Messages

Since December 23rd, I have been working with Sprint and HTC to try to address multiple error messages on both lines of our account.

Has anyone been experiencing the following error messages?

LTE:ESM 65535

MIP: 65535

LTE: ESM 65541

MIP: 65541

LTE: ESM-0

PRL Update Error: 1012

Troubleshooting with Sprint, we have done multiple factory resets, changed network settings (LTE/CDMA vs CDMA Only), changed SIM cards.

Sprint wireless support advised that these were HTC software error messages.

HTC advises that these are Sprint network error messages.

Has anyone been able to resolve similar issues?

Has anyone been able to get a straight answer out of Sprint or HTC about this issue?

239 REPLIES 239
Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks so much!

unfortunately, since my plan is an old one, Sprint will not allow me to do this.

The answer I keep getting is that Sprint is working on the towers in my area. Funny, since my areas includes NY, NJ, CT, and FL.

so...

Highlighted
GrandMaster

problem is all the states you just mentioned are in fact still getting upgrades lol. theyre also considered pretty large market wise..

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

False alarm.  I actually made it through a good portion of a day w/o errors (very uncommon) and I assumed issue was resolved - sadly mistaken.  I am now receiving the same error messages once more   I am still working with a corporate support person that seems to be willing to continue to troubleshoot.  I will update if anything comes of it.

I am still perplexed as how tower upgrades is the culprit if I have other HTC One's on my account that can operate w/o errors - In the same area!

Highlighted
Master

CrayNet - We're sorry to hear that. Please keep us posted on how things turn out with the corporate support. We appreciate your patience. Thank you. - Kayan Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
GrandMaster

when your phone kicks that error message look at the mobile data up top in your notifications..im willing to bet your data connection has dropped and that is why youre getting that message.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

I thought the same thing,  but screen shots show still connected to 4g and 3g on other screen shots- some with full signal.  Getting it replaced for 5th time - just left sprint repair today.  I do think it has everything to do with it dropping connection also since I can't get back on the network until I "ok" out of the series of errors that pop up.  Still doesn't answer the question why?  Sometimes it's when I'm driving sometimes when I'm stationary in an office.  Error messages seem to not discriminate.  Aren't the phones supposed to swap towers automatically?  Isn't that what makes a cell phone useful?  Why would is disconnect if the device is stationary with strong signal?  If it drops and errors out every time, it now becomes a big hassle to even use my phone.  I spend most of my time clearing errors off the device so I can use it again - very frustrating.  Here's hoping the replacement somehow fixes my problem but 5th times a charm?  I don't think so.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

its not unheard of for a phone to latch on to a connection even if its to far out to do any good compared to a closer connection. thats why you always see the agents in here asking people to update their profile and prl..or the magical ##873283# trick..

also try this..go into your settings-mobile data-automatic connections..turn that off then run the phone like you normally would..from this point on you'll have to manually turn your wifi off and on though..but see if that improves anything or not..run it for a full day though so the phone can make any changes it needs to.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hello. I kmow this thread is kind of older but I experiance the same issues on my HTC one m7 I'm to the point of paying the ETF and going to Verizon. My iPhone 5 ran flawless and now I can't Even get a stable 3g connection. In the last hour I have seen the same error code emm-65535 16 times. I will not take a replacement phone of the same phone I've had it into a store you reps are a joke and fallow a pad that tells you what to say. My aunt works at Sprint and can't figure it out either so here's Sprint cares options you can either give me a new phone and not an HTC either or you can take your ETF and shove it and cancel my phones. My wife has a LG g2 and never has issues like I do and my iPhone 5 never did either. Cross road main st and boweres ave Newark Ohio 43055 if you tell me a tower is down or being upgraded your a lier I n vet see anyone on or near a tower since 4g hit there area. You better find a way to fix this now

Highlighted
Master

Compton10241985, Based on the information you've provided, there are no reported outages in the area. I want to discuss your concerns on a private platform. Please send me a private message. You can private message me by clicking on my avatar, and clicking the Send a private message link on the right. - Nic
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Nic,

I can't get to pm you I click on your avatar and all it does is load your recent activity.

The only way this issue is going to be resolved is to issue me a different phone. I would be happy switching to either a galaxy s4 iPhone 5s or a LG g2 or g3 they are all about the same price point phones. Find a way to do this through your supervision or be prepared to lose a customer

Highlighted
Master

compton10241985,
Please access this link http://bit.ly/1qQty1X . Follow the instructions listed in the link. We look forward to assisting you.
- Alexes
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Just sent a pm there better be swift action taken asap I'm talking with a Verizon rep right now about switching they are willing to pay my ETF and my bill will stay the same price so I'd get some foot work done asap

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat