cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC One Error Messages

Highlighted
Journeyman

HTC One Error Messages

Since December 23rd, I have been working with Sprint and HTC to try to address multiple error messages on both lines of our account.

Has anyone been experiencing the following error messages?

LTE:ESM 65535

MIP: 65535

LTE: ESM 65541

MIP: 65541

LTE: ESM-0

PRL Update Error: 1012

Troubleshooting with Sprint, we have done multiple factory resets, changed network settings (LTE/CDMA vs CDMA Only), changed SIM cards.

Sprint wireless support advised that these were HTC software error messages.

HTC advises that these are Sprint network error messages.

Has anyone been able to resolve similar issues?

Has anyone been able to get a straight answer out of Sprint or HTC about this issue?

239 REPLIES 239
Highlighted
GrandMaster

if im remembering right 1012 is a activation issue with the handset..you should be able to go into the settings and manually try to do this again..

Error Code #1012
Could not prepare services. Please try again later. If the problem   persists, you may need to contact Customer Care.

Your over the air activation did not go through.

Click OK. If the problem persists, contact Customer Care.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
GrandMaster

you also might end up needing to call into tech support and have them do a reset on their side of things...request to be passed to tier 2 tech support..

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

Hi.

Boy, this is frustrating.

I contacted HTC and they told me it is a SPRINT issue.

I also get the same errors regarding the UPDATE PROFILE.

What I find interesting - every REP I speak to, does different trouble shooting. They all tell me that it is an interesting issue that they have never heard of before. Then they pass me to  tech guys and/or supervisors.

It seems that you are correct that it is a standard answer to customers. 

I tried explaining to them that it happens to me in different locations.

And that my wife, who has and iPhone 5 never has these problems, so if it was a TOWER problem she should have the same problems. 

I was passed to a tier 2 tech support and they did reset my device and it didn't help.

I was passed to a tier 1 tech support and he was the one who told me that it is a known tower issue that will be fixed by July.

It is as if no one seems to be really trained with our phone.

Looking for REAL answers and support,

yitzyym

Highlighted
Master

Thanks for posting. We don’t want you to feel like this. Have you tried taking the device to a service and repair center? Locate the nearest one here http://storelocator.sprint.com/locator/?INTNAV=ATG:HE:Store

Josmary

Sprint Social Care Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have taken my device to a service and repair center and all that they were able to do for me was to wipe my phone and perform a factory reset.

That was done Jan 23...Obviously that didn't work.

At this point I feel that sprint doesn't know what is going on with the device and they are just trying to brush us off with one tactic or another...

reset; restart; update profile; refresh; sim card; contact htc;  over the air activation; take it in for repair; etc.

I would like a REALLY fast easy and quick resolution.

P.S. anyone notice that 10 - yes -10 different social care team reps have responded here?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Josmary,

Since June 2013, we have been to the Sprint store located at: 1076 N Route 59 Ste A, Aurora, IL a total of five times.

Our last visit there was in January 2014. All service including factory resets and SIM card replacement have been done at this store.

Here is a link to our latest error message from today, Dropbox - 2014-02-06 21.55.28.png

Highlighted
Master

sarniab,

Thanks for the post. Im sorry to hear your still having these issues. This happens everywhere or in specific areas? The store was able to do a data profile update on your device?

Victor

Sprint Social Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes, the only thing that has not been explored is replacement of both phones.

Highlighted
Master

YITZYYM,

Thanks for the post. Sorry for all the frustration. Are you still having an issue? Please let us know as we want to make sure you get issue resolution.

Victor

Sprint Social Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

This has been happening to me for about three weeks. I've gone through every possible troubleshooting with sprint over chat and phone, and even reset the phone to its factory settings. Nothing works. Today I went to my local sprint store to possibly replace the phone, but the tech said that since there were no notes from Sprint saying that I did all the troubleshooting and actually showed that I've been experiencing this problem, I would have to leave the phone with them for an hour to see if they could replicate the message.

Really? Three weeks of this, and constantly contacting sprint, and the guy doesn't believe me. I end up leaving the phone there for an hour with a "technician" and when I return, he said he had it for over an hour and the message never came up, so there's nothing he can do. I was livid. He said he could not replace a phone unless he sees that there is an issue. I told him I had all the chat sessions in my e-mail, and even had screen shots of the message: Mobile Data: Unable to establish a wireless data connection LTE: EMM-65535. He clearly did not want to help or offer any type of help. He just said: "Call customer service." I just walked away. I'm so convinced he just left my phone sitting there without actually doing anything to. He was just awful. I wish Sprint's website had a complaint link that's easy to find.

I did call customer service, and the first lady I talked to was surprised that the "tech" at the Sprint store would not replace the phone, she then transferred me to a technician. He had me uncheck Sprint Connections Optimizer in the Mobile Data settings. When I did this, data was running slow in certain areas, and just when I thought the Mobile Data error message was gone, it popped back up this evening. He did say he was going to call back tomorrow, and see how it has been performing, and try rebuilding the profile. He sounded pretty convinced that it was the Wifi radio in the phone.

This issue has been so annoying. I'm paying $95 dollars a month for a service that is now constantly being interrupted. I'm ready to cancel this this line, and transfer to Verizon.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I totally understand your frustration.

We have had similar issues since joining Sprint in June 2013.

Take the issues experienced with one line and double it, as we have two HTC One's on a family plan.

As a last ditch effort, I made an appointment with the Sprint corporate store in Aurora, IL, to see if I could at least get our phones replaced.

This way we would be able to finally determine whether the issues are hardware or network based.

The Sprint technician I saw last Friday advised me that the LTE:EMM-65535 error messages were due to the roaming being set to Automatic instead of Home Only.

I told him that I was surprised at this, since there has been multiple Sprint technicians that have have tried to troubleshoot these error messages and he was the first one to mention the roaming settings as the key to resolving these issues.

He reconfigured my roaming settings and since last Friday I have received LTE:ESM-65535 error messages 8 times in 6 days.

He gave me his business card, to contact him direct if I experienced any other issues.

I called the store on Monday to advise him that I was still experiencing issues and was told that he would be in on Tuesday.

I also sent him an email on Tuesday outlining the issues I am still running into.

As of today, I have not had a call or return email from him or anyone at Sprint.

Not returning customer phone calls or email, offering "band aid" type solutions and following a script, do not promote customer confidence or loyalty.

Sprint Social Care, please do not reply to this message, unless you have a viable solution to be offered to customers experiencing these issues.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes I am still having issues.  And yes, I am still wondering what I am paying for...

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat