cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC One M7 Lollypop Update, No sms

Journeyman

HTC One M7 Lollypop Update, No sms

Downloaded and installed Lollypop update. 2 issues. The first is SMS. I can send texts but no one receives them. I can not receive texts from anyone. MMS works fine. Tried updating profile, PRL, soft reset, clearing cache, and every other suggestion out there I could find. Third party sms apps do not work either. APN all good.

Issue 2. Qualcomm Advanced Location keeps asking for permission every 15 minuets or so.

Android version

Software version

Tags (5)
9 REPLIES 9
Journeyman

Re: HTC One M7 Lollypop Update, No sms

You may have to do a hard reset. If you back up with HTC Backup, the process is very easy as HTC really does everything for you. If that doesn't work, doing a clean hard reset might be the fix. I've had weird issues similar to this before and doing that reset cleared everything. I even did a clean one too, though it's much more annoying.

Journeyman

No Joy on the hard reset. My texts are not being received by anyone and I can't receive texts. mms still works fine. Also tried toggling between internet\wifi, LTE and CDMA...nothing. Diagnostics continues to say TEST passed. Also tried EPST reset....nothing.

No other issues. Have 2 other phones on plan....both work but have not had lollypop update. Going to update another HTC ONE M7 and see if the same thing happens.

Master

madatthis - We're sorry for the issues you're experiencing. We definitely understand your frustration. If you back up all your information with a HTC Backup, you may have to do a hard reset or go to a Sprint store. - Indie
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I already did a back up and hard reset. Didn't work. I'm updating another HTC ONE M7 and a Galaxy S5 tonight. Should know after that if it's my phone or the software update.

Highlighted
Master

madatthis - Please keep us posted with the result of the other device. - Indie
Sprint Social Care
Master

madatthis - Thanks for the update. Keep us posted after you update the other devices, if the same issue occurs. - Indie
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Completed lollypop updates on the other 2 devices on my account. Both went smooth with no issues. SMS works fine on both.

Tried several third party messaging apps with no luck on my M7. However, I've added google voice to my M7 and that is giving me a work around and texts are working correctly now. I'll be contacting tech support in the hope something else can be done on their end and this isn't a glitch with my phone.

GrandMaster

i updated to LP Friday and havent had any issues with sms..had an issue with yahoo mail but that was semi fixed with a app update..its still a bit sluggish.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Master

madatthis, Just checking in on you today.  Were you able to resolve the SMS issue with the phone?  Let us know; if not we'll be happy to work with you on it. - Christy

Sprint Social Care

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat