Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC One M7 Sprint Lollipop WiFi Calling App

HTC One M7 Sprint Lollipop WiFi Calling App

After lollipop update now have wifi calling app. I don't use Wifi calling. don't want the app on the phone. can't stop it from running. i can force stop but then it starts up again. i can't disable the app because the option is grayed out. i have a task killer that kills it but its hapening all the time. how can this wifi calling app be killed? anyone have this issue with this app or know a solution?? thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
Master

lthrwing12070

Just to clarify, have you tried disabling Wi-fi calling from the app?

Kendra
Sprint Social Care

kendra - thanks for the reply. i noted in my post that im not able to disable the app because the option is greyed out when i go to the settings\apps\wifi calling. clicking the app icon in the phone apps list does nothing but srat the app however i dont see any app ui but if i go to my app killer i see it running. i can kill it through the app killer or i can do a force stop through the settings and it will go a way from the app killer list but then a short while later it appears again.

Master

lthrwing12070

Are you willing to take the device into the nearest Service and Repair Center for diagnostic testing?

Kendra
Sprint Social Care

sorry kendra, im one of those rare individuals who believe most of the techs at the stores are nothing more than button pushers. past exeperiences have taught me that they think they know it all and we, the customer, know nothing and on top of that they only know the sprint answer... no offense... but that's like hearing the Microsoft answer... no other answer exists other than the sprint answer and if they don't have a document to tell them the answer then they're at a loss. so, that being said... no i haven't taken it in to the store. but i did read on another forum something about sprint stating that the wifi calling app doesnt work on the htc one m7 and that the install of it for this model of phone was a mistake. so, as others in the htc one m7 world are encountering, the wifi calling app doesnt open, won't disable and won't uninstall. can someone please let us know if there is a way to remove the app from the phone... without rooting the phone of course.

Master

lthrwing12070

I understand your frustration. Unfortunately, the Wi-Fi calling cannot be uninstalled. Is the Wi-Fi turned on when trying to disable the app?

Kendra
Sprint Social Care
GrandMaster

another poster said that he did a Factory Reset on his phone and after LP and when everything loaded back up the wifi calling app was no longer there. not to sure if a FR at this point to find out would be worth it or not unless you have some ongoing issues after that update lol.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat