cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC One SIM Unlock

Highlighted
Journeyman

HTC One SIM Unlock

I requested a SIM unlock and received an email 2 days later saying that my device was unlocked, please restart phone.  I am now overseas and unable to use 3rd party SIM cards.  Have tried from multiple carriers in multiple countries.  Sprint says that there is nothing that they can do that it must be a problem with the local carrier.  The device is clearly still SIM locked.

Has anyone been able to use their device overseas? 

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Journeyman

same problem.  sprint tells you its unlocked then leaves you stranded.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I do not understand how Sprint is not able to unlock devices manufactured with a SIM slot within the past three years because, 'Sprint has no technological process available to do this.", when they can request manufactures to distribute OTA that will offer the standard SIM Pin unlock like ATT and T-Mobile (all other GSM carriers). As well, how Sprint is able to unlock the SIM for International GSM but not for Domestic GSM, sounds like a [inappropriate word removed] to me. If Sprint wants to tell a lie at least make it believable. Sprint is the only carrier that doesn't unlock SIM for domestic and now consumers have to wait a year to buy devices that can be unlocked, when clearly majority of the current models are able to be unlocked (from other carriers) as well as have the bands of domestic carriers. This is very upsetting when many Sprint users rooted their smartphones like the HTC One (M7) and Samsung Galaxy S4 to gain SIM unlock for domestic use. Sprint please stop lying.

Message was edited by: TheModerator - This is a public forum. Please remember that all messages must abide by the Community Guidelines.

Highlighted
Wizard

Looks like this is something they plan on doing in the near future...

Sprint plans to make their Android smartphones SIM unlockable in February 2015 | Android Central

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat