cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC One and Google Wallet

Journeyman

HTC One and Google Wallet

Can anyone confirm that HTC One on Sprint will have Google Wallet on it or not ? I have been a long time user and I would love to continue to use it on my new phone. The phone I will be retiring would be a Nexus S 4G. It would be a huge dissapointment if Google Wallet is not supported on the HTC One.

20 REPLIES 20

Re: HTC One and Google Wallet

bunjarah-

Thanks so much for the question! As of right now, I don't have any official confirmation. Feel free to frequent,

http://support.google.com/wallet/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1347934,for all of the official information as it becomes available.

Regards,

William

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

@ William

You may it sound like it's Google's decision and it is not. It is a carrier decision. The HTC One has all the hardware components needed for it to support Google Wallet. I should perhaps reframe the questions as - Will Sprint allow Google Wallet to work on the HTC One as it did on the Nexus S 4G and the Nexus Galaxy ? If not, why not ? I have Google Wallet on my current device and I use it quite frequently and I do not want to lose the ablity to use Google Wallet.

bunjarah-

Thank you for the reply. I simply don't have an official answer as of yet. From the history of our devices, it looks like the chances are pretty good. The HTC Evo 4G LTE is supported, along with our pure Android handsets. As we get closer to the launch, I'm sure more information will become available.

I'll post back if I hear anything further.

Thanks,

William

Journeyman

Thanks gfor the response and please do let us know once you find out. I will return the HTC One I preordered if I find out that Google Wallet is not supported on it once I've received it.  GW is something I use on a regular basis to pay at Mastercard PayPass participating merchants during my daily runs to Kroger, Meijer, Whole Foods, CVS, Rite-Aid , BP, Marathon, Macy's, McDonalds , Home Depot and even at my dentist's. It would be a shame to I lose that flexibility and convenience. Tnx

Anytime! I'll circle back once have some further info.

Hang in there!

William

Journeyman

Can anyone confirm whether Google Wallet is working on the Sprint edition of the HTC One ? I pre-ordered through Newegg / Simplicity and the su*k*rs messed up the pre-orders, so I don't have  a phone yet to test this out on my own. Any information would be greatly appreciated. If the answer is an emphatic "No" , I am going to just pick up the phone and cancel my order with Newegg.

Wizard

GW is not supported for the sprint HTC one as of right now. if you try to install the app it will tell you its not supported.

Journeyman

That is rather sad since the boarders on XDA are confirming that it works on the unlocked version !  Why would Sprint not allow GW on it. Is that because they are not done with their testing yet ?

Master

Anything is possible. Maybe there were issues with it during the testing and they opted ot not include it until it's fixed.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Highlighted
Journeyman

What's odd is that Google Play lets you install GW, but then when trying to open it, you're told it's not supported on the device.  I would think if it had been intended to not make it available, you wouldn't be able to download it from the store.

I've kept it installed so I can watch for updates.  Hopefully it will become available soon!

Journeyman

Ya I really hoped that wasn't the case. But doesn't Google Wallet App Need the latest Android OS, which the HTC ONE doesn't have.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat