cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC One and Google Wallet

Journeyman

Re: HTC One and Google Wallet

Google wallet now enabled on the phone. I just opened it 10 mins ago and was able to set it up on my HTC One

Journeyman

Just tried installing Google Wallet on my brand new HTC ONE for Sprint and didn't work

Journeyman

Very strange. it just started working yesterday for me. Everything is up to date software wise on your phone? maybe its being enabled on a market by market basis. wouldnt think so but idk?

Journeyman

It is not working for me, not from the play store or the web. It is a brand new HTC One for Sprint and it has the most current version

Journeyman

CitationVwings wrote:

Google wallet now enabled on the phone. I just opened it 10 mins ago and was able to set it up on my HTC One

This might be poor and/or misleading advice.  You are the only person in the known universe who has made the claim.  It's true that rooted phones can take the .apk file and install it after downloading from a non-Google-hosted server, but even then, the critical NFC component may not integrate.

I'd guess that "CitationVwings" is seeing Google Wallet as a Web page.  Or, is using a rooted phone.  Or, has a sort of developer-enabled, non-public edition of the HTC One.

Journeyman

He's now been joined by a second person.  I have a non - rooted device,  but right after getting the device, I found Google Wallet in Google Play.  I downloaded it, but when launching, was told it wasn't available for my device.  I kept it installed, hoping to receive an update at some point that would enable it.  I never got an update, but one day I just tried it again, and it worked!

One more note: I can't locate the app in Google Play anymore via my phone.  I can access it from the web site,  but it still says not available for the HTC One! Very strange! 

Journeyman

@Hilkster This is exactly what happened to me. I don't have a rooted phone. I left app on my phone for a few days, tried it again , and it worked. The unfortunate part was I changed to the black HTC one and now I can't even find the app

Journeyman

I can now confirm that GW is working on my HTC One !!!  Yipee..... 

Highlighted
Master

Yep, Google made a Twitter announcement last night about the ONE and several others on the Sprint network getting Wallet Support.  Great news for ONE users. 

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat