cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC One battery issues

Journeyman

HTC One battery issues

Hello. I'm having some horrible battery issues with my HTC One. The first few months using my phone, the battery has been awesome. But now, I can't even listen to music for more than forty five minutes before my phone completely shuts down because of no battery life. If I have my phone charged over night, the phone doesn't become 100% charged, only 99% charged. My phone will completely turn off at roughly between 79% to 55% battery life and won't turn back on unless I have it charging.

I did remove countless apps from my phone. Even followed the 30+ steps on Sprint's web page on how to conserve battery life, but there is no change ( done it about a week ago). The only thing that I haven't tried yet is a factory reset. Would that help my battery issues?

Thank you.

22 REPLIES 22

Re: HTC One battery issues

Juniper62-

Greetings and thanks so much for reaching out for help! Based on what you've already tried, I would suggest backing up all data and trying a factory reset. If the battery drain is being caused by a software glitch, that will certainly address it. Have you tried lowering your screen brightness or setting it to automatic? I've found that the brightness has a huge impact of battery life. Also, what kind of signal does your device generally receive? If you work or live in a weaker coverage area, your device could be searching for signal, which could also be another cause.

Regards,

William

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

Thank you for your reply.

I used to have my screen brightness on the automatic settings. But I think the conserve battery life guide had me change it. It's now little less than the half way marker. I am currently trying to sync my phone with my computer but it HTC Sync manager continuously says that it cannot detect my device even though it's plugged in (my computer is detecting it), charging, and my phone knows its connected.

Generally, my signal ranges from two bars to full.

Juniper62-

Thanks for the reply! When you plug your device into the computer, does any message pop up on your device?

-William

Journeyman

My phone only says "USB connected."

I tried restarting my computer but both HTC Sync and HTC Sync Manager cannot detect my device.

Juniper62-

Hmm... It might be prudent at this point to back all of your data up and perform a reset to see if that corrects the issue. What kind of computer are you using and have you tried using a different USB port? I know it's a long shot, but it could be the port.

-William

Journeyman

I have a HP pavilion dv7 laptop. I used two other ports, including the one for my mouse. I even used other usb cords. My phone shut down today during work when the battery showed it was full.

Juniper62-

Thanks for the update and sorry to hear that your phone is still not behaving as it should. Have you tried backing up your data and restoring your handset? Also, is your device rooted?

-William

Journeyman

I am not sure what rooted means. I bought my phone directly from Sprint's website, in May. I am pretty sure I had purchased it new and not preowned.

Today, HTC Sync Manager finally recognized my phone. How do I know if my contact list has been synced?

---

I lied. HTC Sync Manager is saying for me to reconnect the device because it's unable to sync. Error 1016. My phone says "USB debugging connected. Touch to disable USB debugging."

I am willing to cut my losses and try to do a factory reset. Can someone explain to me how to do this?

Journeyman

It is in your settings menu toward the bottom, but I can tell you from experience that a factory reset will not solve the battery problem. You will be advised sooner or later to visit a Sprint store and the associate will take your phone. Do not be surprised when you receive your phone days later and it is a refurbished phone. These statements are not mine and were made to me by a Sprint employee in San Antonio, TX.

GrandMaster

rooting a phone is basically hacking it..hook it up to a computer and change the way it runs etc..its safe to say if you dont know what rooted was youre fine lol.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted

Juniper62-

Heya! My apologies for the delay! I was out of the office unexpectedly yesterday. Were you able to successfully restore the handset and rectify the syncing issue?

Thanks,

William

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat