cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC One battery issues

Journeyman

Re: HTC One battery issues

I did the factory reset. I didn't install any apps and I'm still having the battery issues. The phone continues to shut off at 99% battery life remaining and it takes more than just over night for the phone to charge to 100%.

This has been the only issue I've had with this phone.

Do I need to call HTC?

Juniper62-

It would probably be best at this point to visit a service and repair center. They should be able to figure out where the issue is and address it appropriately. Before you do that, are you by chance using the charge that came in the box with your phone, or are you using another micro usb charger that you had from another device?

Thanks for the update,

William

Journeyman

If you follow the advice above, be sure to ask the Sprint employee to give you a phone that is not refurbished.

JessicaNThomas-

It's probably important to note that if a replacement is issued. The device is more than likely going to be certified refurbished. This is an industry standard.

Thanks,

William

Journeyman

I apologize for the late reply, I just got back from out of town. My HTC One is still having issues. It charged throughout the night however this morning it's still flashing a red light. When I try to turn it on, it just loads to the animation screen.

How can I reactivate my htc evo in the mean time? Also, can I call Sprint to have them ship me a box so I can get my phone serviced? Transportation is currently an issue for me. It'll be several weeks before I can actually go to a Sprint location.

Juniper62-

Thanks for the update! In order to have your device repaired/replaced, you would need to visit an authorized Service and Repair Center, as they need to run a diagnostics on the handset and provide the best solution for the issue. I can certainly understand now transportation and time is an issue. You can make an appointment by heading over to www.sprint.com/storelocator. Keep in mind that in order for your HTC One to be serviced, it needs to be active on the account. To activate an old or new device, you can utilize www.sprint.com/activate. It's a very simple step by step process.

Let me know how you make out.

Regards,

William

Journeyman

William, I realize you are offering the best advice you can if you are an employee of Sprint but I hope you realize the catch-22 you are putting this customer into.

There is not a Sprint store on every corner. The OP stated that he bought his HTC One from the web store. Why in the world would the phone have to be on the account in order to diagnose and fix/replace it? Sprint and other carriers have done their level best to make mobile phones indispensable. Now you want to put the user in a position where he is without the device for several days when he has a perfectly good temporary device to use instead?

Jupiter62, If it were me in this situation, I'd call the nearest store and explain to the manager your situation. He may be able to assist you with shipping the phone to him (or her) and let you reactivate your EVO to get you by until the problem with the ONE is resolved.

If you aren't satisfied with the answer, contact Sprint customer service and say CANCELLATION at the voice prompt. This will get someone's attention that will probably be able to help you. Do not take no for an answer, just be polite and ask to be advance up the chain of support until you get results.

TDRANE-

Thanks for your input. If in the event a replacement needs to be ordered via Service and Repair, the defective ESN needs to be active at the time the order is placed. Now, if there is going to be a delay, the customer can activate another device in the interim. However, just to reiterate, the defective ESN must be active or activated at the time of a replacement being ordered. At times, some stores do have stock of replacement equipment and can issue the replacement then and there but that's not always the case.

For customers that live far from Sprint service centers, we do offer alternatives, however if there is a repair center that is local, the customer would need to visit that store as we prefer having our technicians verifying and documenting the specific issue with the handset. This feedback is then sent back to the manufacturer. We do our very best to accommodate all of our customers needs. Another alternative would be going through the manufacturer's warranty program directly. This does take a bit longer but is normally done via mail.

I appreciate the feedback!

Regards,

William

Journeyman

Well, I finally went to a Sprint store, two of them actually. The first one I went to said that the certified tech wasn't in and wouldn't be in until the next day. He tried plugging my phone into a charger and that wouldn't work. Told me that I would have to go to another Sprint location to get help. Also mentioned to me that if it was a port problem, more than likely it wasn't going to be covered with the insurance.

I ended up at a corporate location. Someone there had determined that for whatever reason, the battery in my phone had swollen and expanded, causing the phone itself to slightly separate. I asked the rep if it was common for the HTC One and he told me it was rare. I was able to get another HTC One without being charged.

GrandMaster

i didnt even think about that as a possibility lol

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Master

Thanks for posting, it seems like they were able to take care of you. Is everything fine with your new phone? If you have any questions or need more help we're here for you.

-John
Sprint Social Care

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat