cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC One memory for Sprint 32gb and 64gb

Highlighted
Journeyman

HTC One memory for Sprint 32gb and 64gb

Will Sprint be offereing both the 32gb and 64gb versions of the HTC One??

Thanks,

Brian

50 REPLIES 50
Highlighted
Journeyman

Lilbit..

Alot of people just look at the numbers that other put out there and don't really see it on their own needs..

All users are different.

I use My EVO LTE to what i consider to be "the limit"

Example

I do alot of PDF conversion on my phone anything from pictures to invoices..

Pictures, i also use it to take pictures for sample projects

Emails, Huff i mean 70 e-mails every hour on a good day.

Not to mention that i also like to use apps.. like TUNE-IN or PANDORA or sometimes something from my MUSIC APP..

And all of this takes memory after 1 year of having my EVO LTE i have not use up all of the 32gb on the card. even though i have about 150 other apps install.

I am sure that the phone can do more than that. way more but we are not all the same so i think that this 32GBs are great..

And as stedicam said dropbox is a great tool if you want more try Google drive there you will have another 5 GB for free to start and can work your self for up to 25GB for free by following some steps for them..

So all i can say is i cant wait anymore to lay my hand on that white HTC ONE

Highlighted
Journeyman

Why would you think that 25GB of DropBox storage would help??? The Sprint network wont let you get to your DropBox ....

Bryan

Highlighted
Wizard

if that is the case then do what i suggested and purchase an OTG adapter. plug up the OTG adapter to the usb port on the device and insert your flash card. boom! external storage.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Are you sure the Sprint network won't let you get to your DropBox? I don't have any difficulty at all in reaching mine. I can open it directly from the DropBox app and many of my other apps have an option to save to DropBox or open/download from it.

Highlighted
Wizard

i think the op was trying to be sassy and say that sprints network has poor coverage in their area...

but yes one can easily access dropbox with no issues. ive been using dropbox for well over a year with no issues either...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sorry you guys but I still think that 32gb are more than enought for a regular (average) user..

Highlighted
Journeyman

Ah, but don't you know that all smartphone owners are like the children at Lake Wobegon (". . . and all the children are above average.")

But you're right. When I got my 4G LTE phone last year I transferred a 32-gigabyte SD card to it. I have hardly used it. I found very quickly that the phone wouldn't put apps on it as had been the case with the 3D. I could transfer portions of most apps to another part of internal memory, but that was it. All the data items that I had on the card (photos for the most part) could be accessed, but I could easily have stored everything that was on the card to internal storage (except that I was too lazy to do it) and still have plenty of room left over. I also have a Nexus 7, which has only 8 gigabytes of storage, and I haven't run out of space on it yet. So 32 gigabytes should be far more than I really "need."

Steadicam has already suggested the solution for users who have greater needs. A cable for USB on the Go will set you back somewhere around $3 at most, and it will allow any USB device to be accessed by the HTC One (including USB hard drives, provided they don't try to draw the power to run them from the phone -- they will have to be separately powered). Or, a user could jump to AT&T and get the 64-gigabyte model of the HTC One.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Have you try the app. call APP TO SD that's what i use and more than half of the apps.. i have install are on my SD card witch is not all that great since sometimes it can make the App. slower.

So good luck.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sorry, my post WAS aimed at Sprints terrible coverage...and we wont be seeing LTE for a couple of years which means that the new phone will be on 3G ...anything that would need a data connection will be crawling...

I do agree that 32GB would be enough for most people, but I store many mauals in PDF format on my phone for my job. I would have liked the choice of purchasing the 64GB. Also still not happy about the non removable battery...

As far as a OTG adapter goes, i dont WANT to have to carry something else. I guess I should still carry a separate MP3 player as well??? Arent we all trying to carry less pieces of hardware???

Bryan

Highlighted
Wizard

Nothing to be sorry about, we all have our needs.

For the average user, 32GB will be more than enough. There are some like yourself, who need more.

I'm in an LTE area and while sprints 3g may be slow, if all you need is to download files you should be quite pleased with Dropbox.

As for the OTG adapter, these things are tiny. It's not like carrying an external hard drive.

But if you must have removable storage, maybe look at the new Samsung coming out as it seems the one may not be for you...

Highlighted
Journeyman

I do not like the quality of Samsung phones, nor the Samsung software so that is out. The SG4 is too big for my likes as well. Not sure what I will be doing as I am not leaving Sprint. The St Louis market will be lucky to see LTE by the end of 2014 let alone be complete...

Bryan

Highlighted
Journeyman

"The average user", just what HTC was counting on. I don't consider myself "the average user" and I think there's at least a few more of us who feel the same. The idea of not even having the option is what bothers me. Everyone is trying to become more like Apple and we all know that they definitely do not give there users an option. Not to mention this embedded battery.

What you fail to realize is that the full 32gb will not be available to the user. If you're luck you might come away with at least 26gb and the other is assigned to the system. So while yes this may be enough memory for most, there are others who are power users that could benefit from having 64gb to play with. However, I agree with another poster who said he does not like to quality of the galaxy phones and I find myself also waiting to get my hands (though reluctantly) on the HTC One.

Also: I don't want 25gb free for two years. That's just a bate and switch - enjoy it while you can.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat