cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC One signal strenght

Highlighted
Journeyman

HTC One signal strenght

I've had the HTC One for about 2 weeks and have noticed that the signal inside buildings is very poor or none. Dropped calls and lack of data connection is frustrating. I am having issues in places (work and home) that I've never had issues before with the Evo 3d. Also, sometimes when trying to go online, a message pops up saying that there is no data connection even though the 3g symbol is on!!! I am very dissapointed with the phone...however, I don't know is this is a phone or a network issue. Any suggestion??

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
GrandMaster

i had the S4 for roughly 2 days and then the HTC One..the One by FAR has better reception than the S4 did..its actually quite comparable with my prior phone the original EVO...same reception in the same areas...especially at my home that seems to be a killer of reception..

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

I updated my profile and PRL yesterday and restarted it a few times. It is working much better at home and even getting LTE signal sometimes. So, this is an improvement. However, at work the signal is way to weak. Since my office is in the middle of a concrete building, I believe that is the issue...however, I did not have this problem with my Evo 3d. But Sprint needs to do some serious updates to the network to provide better coverage/reception or maybe HTC needs to provide an update to the phones radios. It is unbelievable that Sprint advertises 4gLTE and yet, there is no coverage at the Sprint Headquarters campus in Kansas City. They need to step up a notch.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

MannyKC wrote:

I updated my profile and PRL yesterday and restarted it a few times. It is working much better at home and even getting LTE signal sometimes. So, this is an improvement. However, at work the signal is way to weak. Since my office is in the middle of a concrete building, I believe that is the issue...however, I did not have this problem with my Evo 3d. But Sprint needs to do some serious updates to the network to provide better coverage/reception or maybe HTC needs to provide an update to the phones radios. It is unbelievable that Sprint advertises 4gLTE and yet, there is no coverage at the Sprint Headquarters campus in Kansas City. They need to step up a notch.

thats exactly what they are currently doing though..if youre snagging LTE signals at home then its a safe bet they are probably doing the same upgrades near your work place..which might be why youre having signal issues at work..well that and being in the middle of a concrete building lol

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Master

Be sure to get the update released today. May have some improvements that aren't mentioned on the changelog.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Highlighted
GrandMaster

smotrs wrote:

Be sure to get the update released today. May have some improvements that aren't mentioned on the changelog.

more often than not they usually do lol..wonder if sites like xda will have the full change log list and what it will fully contain?

Highlighted
Master

Maybe not the official changelog but probably more extensive then what is shared with us. Usually created by users like us saying 'hey I noticed they added or changed such an such after the update.' 

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat