Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC Transfer tool

Highlighted
Journeyman

HTC Transfer tool

Hello,

I just received my HTC One. and have been trying to transfer contacts, music, etc, from my old HTC EVO 4G to the new HTC One.

I have tried five different times now. All went well until when it was transferring the photos/videos, it kept saying Wi-Fi Connection disconnected. But I am sitting right next to my home modem and the Wi-Fi is in full bars!

I haven't activated my HTC One with Sprint yet as I want to get used to it first before I activate it. Will that be the problem?

Any suggestions/comments will be much appreciated.

Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5
GrandMaster

Re: HTC Transfer tool

i think that might be the problem..actually now that i think about it i ran into the same deal..but i think it turns off the wifi connection and opts for a different method to transfer everything..to be honest im having one heck of a time trying to remember how i did it lol..

worse case scenario transfer all the pics, vids and music onto a computer or laptop then just transfer it back from there onto the One.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
GrandMaster

your contacts should all transfer as soon as you activate that One..then everything sync'd with google will transfer right on over.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Thank you, fireguy-6364.

I am going out-of-town over the weekend. I think I'll activate the One after I come back as I want to get used to it first.

GrandMaster

it will be night and day going from the original Evo to the One..you will see a lot of familiarities between the 2...it still takes a bit to figure out all the little tricks though.

Master

whereabout, 

Thank you for posting to our Sprint community site and bringing your situation to our attention. I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are having with transferring the content of your old device to your new HTC One. Are you still encountering issues moving items over to your new device? What items did you have trouble transferring over exactly? Have you tried using your computer to move the items between devices? Please let me know, I look forward to your response. 

Charles G. 

Sprint Social Care Team 

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat