cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC one 4.3 update?

Journeyman

Re: HTC one 4.3 update?

frailer,

Thank you for the article. Unfortunately, that is a 3rd party article. We can only go by sprint.com or the manufactures website. and neither of them has announced the 4.3 software release as of yet. We thank you again for the update.

Thank you,

April

Journeyman

HTC has officially announced the 4.3 update on Twitter. They will be pushing the update to the "Dev" edition this week. It would be nice if Sprint could give us a timeframe of when we could see this update pushed to our devices...

Journeyman

Simple solution: Buy dev edition and port to T-Mobile. As a Sprint shareholder I've held out on switching for a long time, but waiting for carrier certification when the rest of the planet is already on the next version is makes switching to a GSM carrier look better and better every time it happens.

Journeyman

Well as of now Canada carriers are rolling out the 4.3 update for HTC one, so there's definitely has to be a time frame for the US carriers, sprint can you tell us if it's coming in the following weeks? Are y'all at least testing the update? I'm sure y'all know.

GrandMaster

im sure they know too...but they can not say anything until they publicly announce that it will be released..same rule as always..

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Pale22,

Thank you for posing again. We have not been told yet when the 4.3 software for the HTC One will be released. HTC has not announced it yet either. You can always keep updated on sprint.com/newsroom or HTC.com. Thanks.

Thank you,

April

Journeyman

HTC has been sending out updates via Twitter.  Here's an article which sums up the current state of the HTC One and android 4.3...

U.S. Carrier Branded HTC One Will Receive Android 4.3 Update Slightly Late | Ubergizmo

It goes without saying that a lot of HTC One users are waiting for the Android 4.3 update. The update has already begun rolling out across different regions for users who have developer edition or unbranded units, in time to meet HTC’s self-imposed deadline of rolling out the update before the end of September. However, those who possess U.S. carrier branded HTC One will have to wait for a bit longer, says HTC executive Jason Mackenzie.

A few weeks ago HTC said that it was working hard to roll out Android 4.3 as well as a HTC Sense update to users, it said that the roll out would be completed by the end of September. The month has nearly ended yet there’s no sign of the update for customers with carrier branded units. Mackenzie confirmed via Twitter that the update has already started rolling out for unlocked/unbranded units, adding that carrier models will “slightly miss” the September deadline. He assures everything that they’ll be kept updated on the process. Mackenzie mentions that U.S. carriers are all “very supportive,” but doesn’t say exactly how long will it take for the Android 4.3 update to hit customers. One can only hope that it doesn’t end up taking a lot of time.

GrandMaster

if you think about it on average the HTC line usually takes roughly 6ish months give or take to get an update..at least thats what it used to boil down to...give or take a couple months..this is for the larger updates not the fix and adjustment updates.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

yea seriously!! I recall hearing the same reassurances concerning the 4.2 update back in May/June 2013. Then, while still waiting for the 4.2 update (I'm STILL running 4.1, btw), I hear the announcement about 4.3. One thing is certain, I will ONLY buy Google Play Editions from now on

GrandMaster

to be honest the last i looked my phone makes phone calls and im able to look up stuff on the web..anything additional they are planning on adding to my phone is pretty much a bonus..if i lived without it before im sure i can wait a while longer for it. its not a life or death deal here..personally i would rather they take their sweet time and kick out a non buggy or as close to a non bug filled update rather than hurry up and kick it out for the people that scream like it will be the next coming of the all mighty. unless its going to fix some drastic issue..which any OS update more than likely will not. all its doing is bringing new cool things to do..

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint stop lying.  HTC has made it clear and we all know that YOU ALL have the UPDATE.  Stop messing with by adding your carrier crap and release it.

Journeyman

Yes YOU HAVE.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat