cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC one 4.3 update?

Journeyman

Re: HTC one 4.3 update?

I am guessing your phone is plugged in to your computer? That is the only time MTP mode shows up:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Media_Transfer_Protocol

GrandMaster

are you seeing the quick toggles in the notification area? one of the only things i have seen so far that would perk my interest..

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

@Dennis_Midkiff, you're right. I had plugged the phone into the computer to ensure power during the download of Android 4.3. When I unplugged, the MTP notification went away. I read the Wikipedia explanation and partially understood it. It may be that the MTP notification had been there even under 4.1 because I often plug into the computer to transfer pictures, but I had never noticed it. From what I read in Wikipedia, it probably is best to use MTP for those transfers.

Highlighted
Journeyman

@fireguy_6364, I have been using AntTek Quick Settings for several months and had set its swipe area in the upper-right-hand corner, which is where Android 4.3's quick toggles are supposed to be. I disabled AntTek Quick Settings to clear that area for a test -- and, no, no matter how many times I swipe in that corner, I don't get quick toggles. I get the notifications shade no matter where I swipe. That's not the way things work on my Nexus 7. Maybe I need to restart the phone?

Journeyman

Hold up, @fireguy_6364. Just by accident, I discovered the quick toggles. When I pull down the notifications shade, there is a symbol in the right-hand corner that looks like a 3x3 matrix. Pressing on that symbol opens quick toggles. Again, that's not the way it works on the Nexus 7, but the toggles are available on the HTC One. The toggles on the HTC One include an easy way to take a screenshot, I see.

GrandMaster

its possible..then again the talk about there being quick toggles was mainly rumor up until now lol..so it may or may not be in there..if i jump on this update i wont be doing it fr at least another 3-5 hours..waiting until im home on wifi or at the ol ladies..anything popping out at you with this new update so far aside from the MTP deal? sense was supposed to have some bugs fixed in it as well. not sure what else really.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

The ability to take a screenshot from quick toggles is not really a toggle, it seems to me, but it's worth the price of admission. I always had trouble pressing buttons at the right time to take snapshots under earlier versions of the OS. This is pretty neat.

Journeyman

They are there. You can 2-finger swipe down and get the quick toggle menu. Also, you can display battery %. I noticed that the stock email app performs like the Gmail app now-you can reply and forward from the notification bar. My favorite is being able to immediately share a screenshot after you take one from the notification bar. I'm sure I will find more as I play with it. Here are a few screenshots:

ss1.png

ss2.png

Journeyman

I don't use Sense, so I haven't checked yet to see what, if any, significant changes have been made. I'll drop out of Nova for a while to experiment. I haven't seen anybody mention Blinkfeed, so I assume it's still there. That was one of the big drawbacks to Sense 5 for me. I never saw much point to it.

Journeyman

My personal phone is using Nova Launcher (boo Blinkfeed) but I updated a different phone and it is definitely still there, and still not defeatable...

Journeyman

I don't see the battery percentage in figures, as your screenshot shows. I get the icon. Did you have to do something within Settings to get the % to show?

I confirmed that the 2-finger swipe pulls the toggles up immediately, which reduces it to 1 gesture instead of 2. As my grandmother would have said, "there's more ways than one to skin a cat."

Journeyman

It is in settings/power/show battery level

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat